All reviews rock island relaxing stay coffee maker the owner place to stay screened in porch full kitchen the main house shared kitchen peaceful place sipping wine beautiful flowers fishing village soup community kitchen nature trail stayed longer
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I called on a Monday, looking for an overnight getaway for the same week. Luckily, Pam had a cancellation, and I was able to stay on the Island two days later. I can't recommend it high enough. It was perfect for me. I wanted solitude, peace and serenity, but, didn't want to feel lonely since I was travelling alone. Pam kept popping up, at check in, in the gardens, when I was leaving. I felt like I had stayed with family. The room had a wonderful view of the harbor, I got up early to watch the sunrise through my private window, seated in a comfy chair and pajamas. I stayed for a couple extra hours in the morning, enjoyed watching the harbor activity, and reading a book. The room was immaculate, and had everything I needed. Next time I'm going to try to stay for two nights, and I think I'll spend a whole day in my room and walking the harbor! The Island is such a peaceful place.

Room Tip: If you only need one bed, get the room on the second floor, south side. It was lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank ForSure53
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Washington Island isn't big! 100 miles of roads! After arriving at Detroit Harbor by Ferry we drove around the island and easily found Jackson Harbor Inn! Driving up we noticed the Beautifully landscaped property that we would enjoy the next four days!

We were greeted by Innkeeper Pamela Jean who was friendly and welcoming!
After filling out the necessary paperwork Pam showed us the map of Washington Island and pointed out the various restaurants and sites! She provided a wealth of information! This provided us with many options! We were excited to be on Washington Island! It's been forty-two years since I last visited Washington Island, camping in my youth!

Pam showed us to our room; the Washington Harbor room which was upstairs in separate house just steps from the main house!
We immediately noticed the Sitting chairs looking out over the backyard with views of fishing village and Rock Island in the distance! This would be a favorite spot of ours for morning coffee!

Large King sized bed that was so comfortable took up the sleeping area along with a nightstand with drawers and large armoire with shelves giving us ample room to store our stuff!

Bathroom had nice sized vanity as well as large stand up shower with enough room for two!

Coffee area near entrance to the room had outlets and USB for charging phones! There was a microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker! Pam cleans coffee decanter and leaves additional coffee packets daily!

There is a full kitchen located in the main house to use! We used stove and toaster and could have used oven for baking if we wanted!

Screen porch with table and chairs as well as outside table and chairs on deck make Jackson Harbor Inn as relaxing as you need it to be! Large wood bench swing also add to relaxing afternoon or evening!
Beautiful flowers and landscaping invite butterflies as well as hummingbirds which adds to the beauty and magic of this place!

Everything about our stay at Jackson Harbor Inn was outstanding! Loved our experience! We had the pleasure talking with and learning Island history talking with Pamela Jean's dad!

This was one of our best four day vacations! Pamela Jean and what she has at Jackson Harbor Inn is a big part of helping with this experience!
We will definitely return soon! (It won't be forty-two years)!

I highly recommend Jackson Harbor Inn!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2017

We were there for an overnighter, wish we could have stayed longer. It is a really cute and quiet place, great rooms! Very homy and relaxing!!! We loved it! The owner, Pam, is a really sweet lady who really tries to make your stay great and very forthcoming with info on the island and things to do. We can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: The Washington and Jackson rooms have awesome views of Rock Island!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Can't Thank Pamela Jean enough for a beautiful room and great hospitality.

Room was spacious, clean, and quiet with a view of the water, good coffee maker, and nice soft towels.

Will definitely go back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2017

What a super place to get away...my husband and I spent 5 nights here at the end of May for our 2nd anniversary, and we expected to use it as a base to explore the Door County peninsula as it was our first visit to the area. Well, we quickly figured out that the peninsula itself (even though the season was just beginning), while special, wasn't even close to how awesome Washington Island is. Truly following "island time" we hiked, biked, picked morels, did some great birding, met friendly fun people, consumed great food and drink, even took in a rainbow on our anniversary evening!, then kicked back with feet up and books in laps, sipping wine and listening to peeper song from our open window, only to wake up with a sunrise view and bright dawn birdsong!, pure pleasure....and to top it all off is of course the host Pam herself, whose calm and engagingly pleasant demeanor made us feel like we'd known her forever

We stayed in the Jackson Harbor room and this was perfect for us---second floor next to the main house, a big comfortable 4 poster bed, front windows that opened to the working Harbor and sunrise, and a side window that opened directly onto the Ridges beach wildlife sanctuary, it couldn't have been better!

The Inn is highly recommended on all counts with comfortable and clean lodging options, access to a shared kitchen, multiple porches and outdoor spots to sit back and relax, quiet, with enough in the immediate area i.e. Jackson Harbor Soup, Jackson Harbor, the Ridges beach wildlife sanctuary to satisfy yet not overwhelm, and then town close by with lots of great places to eat/drink, and enjoy nature, culture, crafts and history. We had such a great time!, such a great place!, and warm thank yous again to Pam!, for creating and maintaining such a treasure

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple