“Dinner”

Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Waterford
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

We were patrons of the Cottonpicker from the time they opened their doors until they closed. Always great food and service.
For some unknown reason we never visited the Cotton Exchange until last evening.
From my wife's comments glad that we had not visited sooner.
My point of view excellent.
First off virgin Marys. Very good, came with a dill slice, olive and the best tasting mushroom I have ever eaten. Have no idea what they were marinated in but they were sweet and delicious.
Next seafood chowder for both of us, very good. I had a house salad with a combination of French and thousand island dressing. Good as usual.
Then came the problem, my wife ordered prime rib and it was not as good as the Cottonpicker's had been.
Flavor was good but meat was not very tender.
I ordered shrimp de Johng and it was as great as the Cottonpicker's had been.
We will return, just will not order prime rib again.
Service was great and prices were reasonable.
We would have given an excellent rating except for the problem with the rib.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

.When we walked in the front door, the first thing to hit us was the smell of dirty carpet and old grease.

We ordered the sirloin steak with a salad and baked potato. The salad was wilted and old-tasting. Lots of 'rusty' pieces of bitter iceberg that were inedible, old watery cucumber that was paper thin and dressing that clearly came out of a bottle and tasted of refrigerator. Couldn't get through it. The baked potato tasted old and watery and half of it was black - again, I couldn't eat more than a couple of bites. The steak was a total surprise as it was absolutely delicious.

Our waitress was pleasant and efficient.

On our way out, I stopped to use the ladies room and could hardly stand the smell as I entered. While there are two exhaust vents in the ceiling, they apparently don't turn them on. Horrible.

Sadly, while the steak was delicious it was definitely not worth $24.99 per person.

The solution to this bad experience is an easy fix. Make fresh salads using fresh ingredients and don't plate them hours before you serve them. Find some recipes for decent salad dressings online and don't let them sit in your refrigerator to pick up the food smells. As for your environment, clean your carpeting regularly and turn on your bathroom exhaust vents. It's an amazing space but it smells and acts like a tired, old pub that the owners don't care about.

This was supposed to be a special anniversary dinner for us. We won't be back

3  Thank M C
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Nice place. It's a renovated dairy barn. I've eaten in the silo room before for a work outing. Recently we joined some friends for Sunday brunch. WOW! The foods in the display were excellent, and if you wanted something else, they make it for you! The bread pudding was out of this world!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Great supper club/ banquet facility. We had dinner there on a Sunday night ( limited menu Sunday's) and were surprisingly pleased. Very clean, updated, and well run. I have a background in the restaurant business, and know how hard it is to run a place this size. The dining rooms, including the bar area are very intimate. I had the ahi tuna appetizer and a bowl of the cheese potato soup. Both were perfect. Son had a nicely done burger, properly prepared on a grill, and my wife had the special Mahi-mahi, done just right. We'll be back!

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Fish fry is pretty good. I like the fact that they have a drive up window. The wait is not to long and you get more than enough food!! Would recommend people to give it a try!!