“Perfect end to a fall day”
Review of Cotton Exchange

Cotton Exchange
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Waterford
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We dined here simply because I found the barn/restaurant on the hill rather stunning. We were there later on a Sunday, so we were forced to sit in the pub area. I was glad the TV football game was turned low enough to have a conversation. The potato soup with melted cheddar over the top with all the trimmings was to die for. I eat a whole lot of potato soup, and this ranks as a favorite. I wish I had ordered a bread bowl. I order the pasta with chicken, asparagus, and mushrooms. Delicious! The portion sizes are generous. The server was polite and efficient. The menu contains pub food plus steaks, seafood, pasta, and a nice variety. After taking in the fall colors, the Cotton Exchange was a great place to unwind.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We usually just have drinks at the bar. Free popcorn. Bartenders and customers are fun. When we do order food we eat at the bar and all has been good. Lots of Tvs to watch sports. Dave makes the best old fashioneds.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Just visited for dinner on the occasion of a grandson's 18th birthday. We live about 30 minutes away, and the Cotton Exchange has become our family's go-to place for a nice dinner on special family events. Our party had a T-bone steak, orders of ribs, and burgers. Everyone was pleased with their food and with the service.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere was one like a retirement home. The waitstaff was lackluster and our waitress never cracked a smile. I had scallops which were tasteless and rubbery. My boyfriend had a burger which was basic, and didn't have the BBQ sauce on it that he ordered. Overall, the experience took our nice day and put it to rest. We will never return, even for an event.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We were told this place had a great Friday fish fry. You could smell the grease 100yds away from the parking lot. I don't know why we kept walking toward the entrance, but we did. The place is in fact a huge barn, with many various banquet halls and dining rooms.

The service was wonderful. Out waiter was very pleasant and attentive. Martini was ok. Manhattan was fine. The water tastes funny.

The clam chowder is so thick the spoon stands up in it. It is doughy, floury and lacks any clam flavor whatsoever. It was institutional tasking, bland, like hospital food.

The 4 piece Atlantic cod fish fry was greasy. The potato pancake was think, rubbery and had no crunch on the outside. Coleslaw, meh.

I had the baked cod, which like all fish fry fish was frozen then baked, but this piece had a rubber exterior that was impenetrable without a knife, while the inside was absolute mush. Like the potato pancake, the fries were passable but on the underdone side.

The place was packed. The portions are large and the prices low, so that has to be the draw.