“Excellent place for a meal”

Carmelo's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 165 Restaurants in Wausau
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Oliva family and dedicated staff welcome you to Carmelo's. Established in October of 1986; three generations strive to provide a family atmosphere and fine dining experience. Enjoy!
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I was up in Wausau back in April, and my hosts brought me to Carmelo's for dinner. First we had a cocktail at the bar, with a fantastic bar tender. I should know, having been one. She really knew how to make drinks. My dirty vodka martini was perfection in a glass.
As for dinner, all 4 of us had great meals and were able to look out at the skiers off in the distance getting last spring skiing in.
A very enjoyable evening with great food and service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

The service is great . The food is very good and priced reasonably. The view of the ski hill is nice . A very nice place to eat and will go back for sure.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend dining at Carmelo's. Awesome food, attentive staff, great drinks! I definitely will be returning!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Best Italian food in Wausau area and probably all of North Central WI. Great food, service, and view of the ski hill. Get here early or make reservations as it it usually packed.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Wonderful Italian food. Very small place and had to wait about 15 minutes for a table on a Saturday evening, but it was worth the wait. During our meal, there was fireworks on the ski hill for family night. We had a dinner and a show. I understand on Fridays, it is a long wait for a table for the fish fry.