“Delicious Greek fare, lamb shish kebabs”
Review of Mykenos

Mykenos
Ranked #96 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I brought my son here for a treat. We were not disappointed. We each had the mixed grill and shared the sampler plate. Salad was fresh and tasty, the pita warm and fluffy, the baba ghanoush, hummus, and falafel all tasty without being overpowering. I always opt for the standard gyros rather than the chicken gyros, and as always, they were yummy. My favorite are the lamb shish kebabs. This is the only place short of a fancy upscale eatery that I know of in Central Wisconsin where you can get lamb. Tender, delicious, and reasonably priced. What else? Baklava. Save room. Clean, pleasant atmosphere, nice, clean restrooms, pleasant service, Your food is brought to the table with a smile. Set up like a fast food restaurant, but with better food. My favorite Geek restaurant in Central Wisconsin (maybe the state). :) I will be back. Oh, yeah, and my son loved it, too.

1  Thank MandolinJon

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

The people were absolutely wonderful, but we were not keen on the food. I got the sampler plate. The pita bread was amazing - warm, soft and tasty, but the baba ghanouj and the hummus were pretty bland. The falafel was good (a little overdone on the outside), and it was to introduce my teenagers to falafel.

They got a chicken gyro and a chicken kabob...and they weren't thrilled.

This was our first time so it could have been we came on an off day, but we don't visit Wausau often.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I frequent this place and are always satisfied. The last time I visited I ordered the mixed grill and it was awesome! Very juicy!

Reviewed 27 September 2015

Have not tried anything but the Gyro's. You order & pay then sit & they bring it to your table. Food brought in a timely manner, was tasty, and we were full with just the gyro. Would probably eat here more often but we are usually in the area on Sunday's and they are not open.

1  Thank bessetd
Reviewed 10 September 2015

We have been here a few times, most recently last night. The restaurant is clean and contemporary. Everything is well-placed. What struck me was the appearance that customers were to be treated with suspicion. Either that or the owner is really watching every penney. Customers are not allowed to get their own soda. The owner (wife's?) dispenses it from behind the counter, first putting in a generous supply of ice to reduce the amount of soda. Ketchup is not available at the tables. There is a ketchup dispenser at the front counter with a supply of small paper containers. Plastic eating utensils are available at the front counter, again within easy eyesight of the owner. Our food was served on styrofoam plates. I was beginning to think that we were at a Greek Mac Donald's. The food was okay but we probably will not be going back. If it just had a warmer atmosphere, it would make a big difference. A young boy served our food to us. He did try to be sociable and asked how our food was.

1  Thank bill m