“New Philly's is Mighty Fine”

Philly's Subs and Gyros
Ranked #107 of 164 Restaurants in Wausau
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We miss the old philly's but happy to see that someone is trying to bring back this Wausau Classic! Stopped in last week and had my usual, which hasn't changed much after all the new places and owners, so I'm happy about that. The gentleman running the counter is great, always personable and friendly, he must be a manager or owner? Anyway he's great, but I cannot say the same for the young girl working that day, too much attitude for customer service and would discourage my return. However the gentleman turned everything around and made me want to come back!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I stopped in for lunch while on a road trip. Easy to get to off the main road. Lots of parking. The service is fast and food was good (gyro). I eat local when out on the road- this is a nice local place.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Everyone loves a sub from Philly's. They've moved around a few times. (Four I think?) But the taste has never changed.

I think it's their great bread that makes the subs as good as they are. I always purchase additional loaves of the bread to take home and enjoy.

You order the same way it's done at Subway, but with less selection. (ie. cheese or no cheese, not your choice of what kind of cheese)

I can't speak for the gyros, because I just can't give up my sub.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

As for the quality of subs, Philly's is OK. Nothing special about them. They are good tasting. However, the price reflects the quality. You can spend under $10 for a good size sub, chips and a pop. For that reason, I will be back when I am looking for an economical meal that isn't fast food.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

The food is awesome and top notch service! They do a awesome job catering! If you looking for a great sub or gyro in Wausau it would be my first and only choice.