“There’s a reason why the parking lot is always full ;-)”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #15 of 163 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

My neighbor and I went here for dinner. One of the better steak places in Central WI. We ate at the bar because it was packed. The steaks were cooked to perfection. I usually have leftovers to take home, but not that night. The bartenders are very personable too.

3  Thank Troy Celena S

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

The food was good. They cooked my rib eye to order (medium rare) but the steak was very thin.
The wait for a table is long. The bar is small so ok a handful of people can sit at the bar and have a cocktail before dinner.
Best way to beat the line is to call ahead to get in line for a table. They don't take reservations, but you can get your name on the list so you don't have to wait at the overcrowded lobby.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I always enjoy the food at Texas Roadhouse and for the most part, they have good service, and I wasn't disappointed with this Texas Roadhouse as it had both. The only small complaint I have is their loud country music (although I like country music, just not cranked up loud at a restaurant)

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Was a busy Saturday evening so there was a short wait. Staff was friendly from check in with hostess to thank you and good bye on the way out. Service was a little slow, but it was busy. Meals came out hot and exactly as ordered. Food was very good! My only complaint about the place is the peanut shells everywhere! Always strikes me as dirty and a bit of a hazard as they can be slippery to walk on. Fine if you want to give away free peanuts, but there is no need to throw the shells all over the floor!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Was told by the manager that the gift card that hasn’t left my pocket since last Christmas had no balance. He could tell that it had been activated last December and somehow spent this October. I have not been in a Texas Roadhouse at all, not sure how this can happen? From the beginning he kept insinuating that it was somehow my fault and I was trying to take advantage of him. I wasted half an hour trying to figure out what could have happened. He offered no help in any resolution to a problem the restaurant undoubtedly created. Suggested that it may have been used online, however card back states this is not possible. Security code had not been scratched off until he did it himself. Please offer a solution to this problem. You have given a horrible start to a vacation weekend. Our server was great! Hopefully he finds a better job where someone will appreciate him!

1  Thank Jake M

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!