“Recommended by a Friend”
Review of Ruscello

Ruscello
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruscello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 105 Restaurants in Wauwatosa
Description: Take a coffee break, grab a bite or enjoy a gourmet meal at a Nordstrom near you. Featuring organic and healthy ingredients, our restaurants range from casual to fine dining.
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I never knew there was a restaurant in Nordstrom, let alone a really good restaurant. Ruscello happens to be the favorite spot of a friend, who highly recommended I try it. I'm glad I did.

Located on the lower level near a parking entrance, the restaurant was easy to find. We were seated immediately and acknowledged by the bartender who was also our server. Because she was filling two roles, service was a little slow. The food was amazing. We started with Bruschetta Farm Bread ($8.50), which isn't like traditional bruschetta, instead it's a loaf of bread that you put the toppings on. I'd skip this next time. I had salmon ($17.50) and my daughter had Margherita Pizza ($11.75). The salmon was served with roasted vegetable farro that was delicious.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Hungry at Mayfair and we are so tired of Cheesecake Factory and PF Changs (and quite frankly, have declared that we won't go back to those due to repeated disappointments). SO happy to have found Ruscello. Staff was super friendly and helping with suggestions. I had the grilled vegetable salad, and I'll be honest, it was not what I expected, but it was delicious. I would go back for the salad alone. My friend had the Penne Bolognese and it did not disappoint. It had a nice bite to it, and a tasty sauce. Would have liked more sausage, but that's nit picking at this point. We were in and out quickly and both agreed we will definitely choose this over other mall food options in the future - there's nothing mall food-like to this place at all.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Visited for the first time today. Didn't even know it was there until yesterday. We went at lunch time. It was fairly busy, but it didn't feel crowded and we didn't feel rushed. We had a friendly waitress. My meal was just so-so though. I found it way too greasy. I had the braised short ribs baguette with chips. I was on the verge of feeling nauseous with all the fat. My friend enjoyed her chicken sandwich. I may go back. Am not quite sure.

Nordstrom_Reviews, Owner at Ruscello, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

We're sorry to hear about your experience and apologize for the less than pleasant meal. Rest assured, we'll be sharing your concerns with our restaurant team as we're always looking for ways to improve our menu. -Allie

Reviewed 30 January 2017

We stumbled upon this restaurant at Mayfair Mall. It wasn't our first choice but from now on will be! A truly lucky find and who would think a restaurant of this caliber could be found in the lower level of a store (Nordstrom)!

All we look for in a restaurant was at Ruscello and was said in other reviews so I will tell you what we ordered: Braised Short Rib sandwich which was tender, melt in your mouth and no chunks of fat to trim off, we highly recommend, and the Pasta Bolognese was spicy, creamy and had an excellent sausage this Italian girl loved. We wanted to share each other's dishes and our waiter immediately took charge before I got the words out of my mouth - perhaps common practice here and I now see why! We want to try everything on this menu so when in the area (we're from Racine) this will definitely be our "go-to" restaurant!

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Great atmosphere and interior design. We felt like we were in a fine dining restaurant. We were met at the entrance by a very friendly hostess. We had a choice of seating so we chose to sit in the booths where you could see into the kitchen and watch the chefs prepare the meals. We started our meal with the "Grilled Farm Bread Bruschetta" which was very delicious especially the bread. We ordered the "Tuscan Roasted Wild Salmon" and the "Mushroom Ravioli with Short Ribs". This was the best ravioli I have eaten. The portions were very generous. I had to take some of mine home. For dessert we had the "White Chocolate Bread Pudding" served warm with a raspberry puree which was to die for and the "Lemon Shortbread". All the food was beautifully plated and delicious. The wait staff was wonderful and the prices very reasonable. We will be backl

2  Thank Cheryl S