“Best Pho!”
Review of Pho Cali

Pho Cali
Ranked #26 of 84 Restaurants in West Allis
Reviewed 18 June 2015 via mobile

This place is amazing! The staffs were super friendly and service was FAST. If you like pho then I highly recommend this restaurant. Our food was out within 15 min. of ordering. Everything was delicious! We'll definitely recommend this place to our family and friends. Looking forward to eating there again.

1  Thank ChengandPhoua

Reviewed 15 June 2015

Never having tried traditional pho before I was excited when friends suggested we try the Pho King Restaurant in West Allis, a restaurant which has been in operation only since last summer. The menu is quite extensive and confusing to neophytes like us. Luckily, there were two mitigating factors in our favor: the menu is filled with pictures of the dishes and Ahn, our friendly and comedic server was willing and able to walk us through the menu making suggestions that turned out to be highly accurate as to what we might enjoy. We shared extremely fresh and crunchy spring rolls and egg rolls as appetizers, then 2 of the four of us tried pho or soup varieties and 2 tried dinner type dishes. I had spicy Hue style pho which Ahn warned me was "hot." It was excellent and filed with beef, meat balls and pork as well as rice noodles and vegetables. It was really spicy hot, the way I like things. My wife enjoyed her clay pot rice dish as did our friends, who had pho and rice dishes of their own. Service was excellent by our new friend Ahn, and the manager, the owner probably, visited us and shook our hands as we left. Overall, a very fine experience, and one we anticipate repeating as we become more familiar with the menu.

2  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I've never had Vietnamese food before, so I don't have much to compare to. I had the spring rolls and the Specialty Pho. It was tasty. My husband had a rice bowl and that was tasty as well. The portions were hearty - my medium bowl of pho was 2 meals in one! The service was friendly and the food came out really fast! I'd go back to try another dish, as it's always fun to try new food!

1  Thank Oatgirl12

Been to Pho Cali? Share your experiences!