“Great craft (signature) cocktails and amazing food”
Review of Bibinger's

Bibinger's
Ranked #13 of 100 Restaurants in West Bend
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place has been remodeled with a great decor with a ton of reclaimed wood and vintage beer signs. They have amazing cocktails (Old Fashioneds are their specialty—it is Wisconsin, after all). They even create their own infused flavors with whiskey. Their foods is amazing—Chef Kady has raised the bar with her creations. They have brunch on Sunday, and it is wonderful (they offered prime rib with the brunch—instead of waiting in line for it, they bring it directly to your table). The restaurant seats 55 people downstairs and 44 people in their upstairs area (for meetings/private parties).

Reviewed 1 March 2018

As I grow older, I find that, more and more, I hate dressing up for dinner. Well, if you're like me, you will enjoy Bibinger's folksy, informal atmosphere and rustic decor.

Our party of five arrived for dinner about 6pm on a Sunday evening. Frankly, I was more than a little surprised to find the parking lot packed with cars. While that usually means a long wait for a table, it's also a good indication that the place is popular and that good food can be found within. To my surprise, I was wrong about the wait, but right-on about the food.

Bibinger’s bar serves up an impressive assortment of domestic and craft-brewed beers, along with first-rate Bloody Marys and numerous variations on that Wisconsin supper club standard, the Old Fashioned. Had I not been dieting, I’d have had two or three libations . . . but, alas, I digress.

Bibinger’s menu is extensive, offering a wide range of complete dinners and entrees, along with delightful dinner salads and deli-style sandwiches, and daily specials, like the baked half-chicken dinner, which our waitress, Kathy, sold with genuine enthusiasm.

Not to be nit-picky, but what arrived at the table wasn’t a half-chicken, it was four individual pieces, and for that matter, it was deep fried, not baked, and encrusted in a thick batter coating.

Granted, the meal was tasty enough, although I found $15 a plate more than a little pricey for a drumstick, two thighs and a wing served alongside a scoop of whipped potatoes and a cornbread mini-muffin, all of which I could have gotten at KFC for around $7.99.

The total bill for my party of five, including an appetizer course of delicious black bean nachos with to-die-for home made tortilla chips and a couple rounds of beer came to $105.82 -- about 30% more than I’m used to paying for comparable fare.

The bill might have been even higher, save for the fact that Bibinger’s was disappointingly out of the carrot cake I ordered for the desert course, and out of the pear torte I selected as a substitute.

Please understand that I'm nor being mean-spirited. None of this is meant as a complaint, just an objective review of my experience at Bibinger's on one particular evening. I will most certainly return to try their fish fry and more of their dinner choices – but when I do. I’ll have to bring a lot more money.

I think the problem can be boiled down to a matter of perceptions. Bibinger’s management sees their establishment as a trendy, spendy gastropub, whose upscale prices are justified by the fact that everything they serve is first quality, locally sourced, and made from scratch right on the premises, even the sauces.

Yeah, well, as Shakespeare’s Polonius once said, “To thine own self be true.” Bibinger's is a cozy, off-the-beaten-path tavern with one foot in the supper club world, and on this particular night they earned a grade of B- with lots of room for improvement.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

2 couples visited Fri, Jan. 5th '18 for fish fry. Seated within 10~15 min of reservation time. Friendly, smiling staff all around from hostess, waitress, bar tender to bussers. We were pleasantly surprised that with the open bar/dining area and large crowd, it was not annoyingly loud. We didn't need to shout to converse. The rustic wood does a good job on the acoustics.

Tequila old fashioned ordered was good - not sent back - but it was not as described. We suspect she received someone else's order. Three regular fish fry and one walleye. The walleye was excellent. The fish fry, just so-so. Three of us felt the breading on the fish was odd but couldn't put our finger on why. Same with the tarter sauce ~ just weird ~ not the typical creamy, tangy, mayo, relish type recipe. Coleslaw definitely needed to mellow out for a day or so because it had a sharp bite and strong onion flavor.

Nice, rustic, updated supper club type atmosphere. Decent food, decent wine, beer, and drink menu. Maybe a smidge pricey for Friday fish which is an ample portion but not "all you can eat".

Reviewed 8 January 2018

This was our third visit to Bibinger's and our best experience so far. We had a 6:45 reservation on a Friday night, and arrived a bit early to enjoy a drink at the bar. The bar was packed (likely due to a private party that precluded us from using the upstairs bar), but we quickly secured two barstools when other patrons took their seats for dinner. I had a tap beer, but my fiance ordered the ginger old fashioned -- which was quite good. I received a text promptly at 6:45 that our table was ready, and the hostess seated us at a pub table by the window. Here is my one an only complaint about the restaurant: none of the stools have backs, either at the bar or the pub tables in the dining area (but maybe that is by design, to help move people through.) For those of us with back problems, that can be uncomfortable after a short while. We didn't object and took our seats.

I ordered the Pork Schnitzel and he had the Linguine with Meatballs. My pork was AMAZING -- moist, tender, lightly breaded -- and topped with a creamy, delicious sauce and a perfectly fried egg. The spaetzle was also good, but not like other spaetzle dishes I've had before that tasted like pasta. These were a bit crispy, probably due to the bacon crumbles in them. Overall, very good. Chef Kady knows her stuff!

My fiance raved about the meatballs (clearly homemade) and also the linguine that accompanied them. He was apprehensive about ordering this at first, being that Bibinger's is not an Italian restaurant, but he was not disappointed.

We had GREAT service from our server, Kathy, who was extremely attentive, even though the restaurant was quite busy. She noticed my fiance was waiting at the bar to settle up our tab before coming to the table. She kindly offered to take care of that for us, transferring it to our dinner tab. She also helped us purchase a gift card, and told us about their loyalty program that allows you to earn 1 point for each dollar you spend. Not a bad deal, as we received a coupon for a free appetizer at our next visit.

There are lots of great dining choices in Washington County, but this place has just become one of our favorites!

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went on a Tuesday, and lucky us, they have two-for-one old fashioned’s then. Hand-muddled, the way it ought to be. They have a number of craft cocktails and a good beer and wine selection. Excellent bartender. For dinner we each started with amazing lentil soup, then had the beef short ribs on polenta, very tender and tasty. The Brussels sprouts were under cooked but still had good flavor. Very good service by our waitress Emily. They take reservations online, which is convenient. Nice rustic decor. We will return.