We had a mostly good experience at this hotel the past two nights, despite an inconvenient beginning. We arrived to check in @ 4:00-4:15. The registration area was literally "packed" full of people, so much so that people were backed up outside the front registration area doors. We decided to go do something for @ an hour, and returned shortly after 5:00. There was still a line in the registration area, but at least it was no longer out the front doors. It took approx 30-45 minutes to get through the registration check-in. We had the Great Escape package, as did approximately 600 other guests (which is why there was a huge back up). While we waited to check-in, we were provided with beer, which was part of the package.
We had booked a Junior Suite, which was very nice. Our suite overlooked the Wisconsin River and had a nice balcony. It was quite windy, so we didn't stand out on the balcony very long, but it was a beautiful view nonetheless. Only complaint we had regarding the room was that the shower head could have been better. The room was quiet, clean and everything functioned appropriately.
Regarding the Waterpark, to be fair, we're not big waterpark people, but we were both a little disappointed in what was available at the park. We tested out the water, and found it to be fairly cool. The indoor hot tub was warm, but not as hot as we would have liked.
We did go into the outdoor hot tub, which was really nice and warm. It was refreshing having the cool air from the shoulders up. The only complaint we had regarding the outdoor hot tub was that it wasn't peaceful. The hot tub was full both times we went in, and there were a number of loud people, some of which were drunk and obnoxious.
Part of our package included meals at the Fresh Market Buffet. I'll review that under restaurants as well as Kaminski Brothers Chophouse.
We would stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme