“Friendly staff, a potential glitch, but they came through quickly”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #73 of 196 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We came for supper but all ordered breakfast food. My wife had been craving birthday cake pancakes and they now call them cupcake pancakes. They were still good, but my wife said that they could have put more frosting on them. The kiddos got eggs, bacon, sausage, and more pancakes. The food was good. They missed one of my daughters meals when we ordered but when they realized the error they brought the new food out within 5 minutes. I was very pleased with the response. The waitress kept checking on us and was very friendly. Just a chain restaurant, but they took good care of us and we all left full.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

We went with a group of nine people, so understandably weren't seated right away. We chose to eat outside so as to not have to wait for 30 minutes. The service was slow, the food was mediocre and we all wished we had gone back to Paul Bunyan's across the street.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

ordered 3 of the steakhouse burger meals with endless fries and soft drink and 2 kids meals. 2 of the steak burgers were literally pink and raw (not just in the middle) 3 bites in we noticed. Mentioned to the waitress she offered to have them remade but we passed as being fed raw meat is a major turn off. we were done eating after that, wasted our fries and drinks. told her we wanted the bill for the 1 combo that was ok and the 2 kids meals we ordered. she gave us the bill but still charged us for the raw meals and the adult soft drinks, these we supposed to be included in the meal. said we had to wait til the manager got back because they can't take anything off the bill. The manager was "kind" enough to only want to charge us for our drinks and fries but was going to just take the cost of the burger off. She tried saying we ate the fries and drink. I pointed out to her that our drinks were still half full and we still had most fries on the plate as eating raw meat was sickening and we lost our appetites therefore did not get to enjoy the endless fries and drink we ordered and wanted. Another customer chimed in as well saying he was charged for his drinks too when they are included in the meal. Check your food as you are eating it here. It may not be cooked. And check your bills. If you ordered any kind of combo meal chances are you are being charged almost $3 again for your drink.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Most people would just laugh at the wishes of a girl who doesn't know what an IHOP is, but my daughter has dreamt about going to an IHOP for years. In her mind it is the mecca of pancakes and breakfast. So as we turned left to go to our hotel we saw it, in big blue letters and the squeals of delight from the back seat were contagious and uplifting. So we made it a goal, hit the IHOP for the breakfast of our dreams while we were at the Dells.
I have been to an IHOP. I tried to tell my daughter to keep calm and not get too excited, but we opened the door and angels sang to her, I swear. My brain was saying, "Oh,it's clean. It's nice. Oh thank goodness." We were immediately seated by a nice guy with a sense of humor. We were all smiling. A lovely waitress from an exotic location somewhere in this world came with menus and a lovely greeting. I am pretty sure cartoon woodland creatures followed this princess from Moldova (or something like that) right to our table. We told her this was my daughter's dream and she catered right to it. She gave us plenty of time to pick the perfect breakfast for the perfect morning's meal. It took almost no time at all for the food to arrive. My daughter's eyes were enormous! She couldn't believe the food in front of her, crepes, king's bread french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage. Even to me, it looked pretty darn good. She LOVED it! Every bite! We devoured it. It was delicious!
I can't thank the staff enough for making my daughter's very random dream come true with her first visit to IHOP! Everyone was very polite, engaging and entertaining. The food was very good!
Thank you IHOP! You are at the top of our list for experiences in the Dells!

1  Thank Michelle V
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The food was OK. Waited to be seated as host was cashing out 5 separate groups. Took a long time to get our food although the restaurant was 75 percent empty. Then had to wait to pay the bill. Did not seem like anybody cared.