See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Booked the king room through Priceline. I called enroute to confirm my arrival. My girlfriend waited in the car while I checked in. The woman working the desk demanded to know whether or not she was my wife. I suspect it was a religious concern for her since my girlfriend wasn't wearing a headscarf. I finally said yes so the process could continue. The room had neither a king nor a queen, we were given two full beds that were soiled, unmade, with fast food leftovers on the table. I realized we had just driven five hours to find we didn't have a room at 10pm. We waited while they came up with something else. That room was neither a king or queen either. First thing we saw was an anonymous pair of panties partially under the bed. The air conditioner was duct taped to the wall - the soft glow of street lamps shining through. The cable TV didn't work. There were no towels, only washcloths and hand towels. That's okay since the was noir a single drop of hot water. None. No shower in the morning, instead we took cold PTAs while we enjoyed the nasty bathroom walls. I arrived at the office at 9:30am to address these issues. It was locked but a sign hung on the door stating that they were inside and were should call them instead if we had any issues. I've stayed at a lot of sketchy places over the years and I'm okay with that as long as the price is reasonable and they deliver on the things you reserved. This should've been a $40-50 room, instead they charged $100 and delivered on none of it. I wish the rating system went lower for places like this. Beware.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Rainy day when I arrived. Some guests sitting outside smoking, air in parking lot reeked of smoke. Woman in office couldn't find my reservation, said the computer was slow. Small windows in unit with small air conditioner unit. Woman in office asked me what my rate was. I didn't even look at the room because I got an uneasy feeling, didn't feel safe and clean. I called agency I booked through to cancel, they called the hotel. Owner of the hotel claimed I "was a nut" and said they would charge me for the night. I booked at a Motel 6 down the street that was very nice. When I got home I found out they charged me for two nights, when I didn't even stay one night. Because I canceled without a 24 hour notice I should have only been charged one night.

Room Tip: Not safe looking, poor customer service.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank deborahP9440BO
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Ratings looked good but I couldn't sleep due to traffic noise, lights coming through window curtains and blinds. We jammed a chair against the door due to the lack of a dead bolt. The tv, refrigerator, microwave, lamp and an unknown were all plugged into the same power strip. Another lamp was on a table with no outlet nearby. Windows were not able to be locked in fact the bathroom window had a stick to keep it closed. The room was not ready at 3 pm as advertised even though they gave us a key. We returned after dark and office looked dark and closed so we spent the night. This place needs major updating. I checked out after one night and requested a refund for the second night but was given only a partial refund in cash stating that was all the cash he had on hand. I asked for the second night to be credited back to my charge card and was told that is not possible. This may be the first negative review I have written but I don't want anyone else to be surprised like I was.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Found this little jewel close to Milwaukee on my last trip. If you like fancy, it's not for you. If you like cozy rooms, beautiful lawns, wildlife visits and pocket gardens, check it out! The owners and staff are so nice, the rooms are small but clean and comfortable. I loved it!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2017

This is a very good motel for the basics you need for a stay in the Dells. It's definitely no frills but if you know that going in and don't have unrealistic expectations you won't be disappointed. They do appear to be doing some room updates as mine (room 6) had painted walls (there is paneling underneath) and laminate hardwood floors as well as some new tile work in the bathroom.

What it has besides beds - microwave, refrigerator, free wifi, flat screen tv with a good channel selection. There is also what seems to be a retrofitted air conditioning unit in the wall, but when I turned it on (mostly for the noise) it had an odor to it so I shut it off and opened a window instead. There is also an outdoor pool and some playground equipment for younger kids. It's in a great location - very close to most activities and restaurants, with Moosejaw directly across the street. If you like pizza, this is a great spot to get some.

What it doesn't have - mostly related to bathroom amenities. No hair dryer, shampoo, kleenex. No coffee in room, but the office does have a pot going at all times. Another review mentioned no phone, but I didn't notice because I mostly use a cell phone.

Room Tip: This motel is near a busy intersection so if you like quiet, ask for a room around back.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo