“The best weekend ever”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Wilderness on the Lake
Ranked #16 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Indianapolis, Indiana
“The best weekend ever”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My family had the best time here. Lots to do on the property and close to lots of thing not on the property. Our room was amazing and very clean. its kinda far from were we live but this resort make you want to come back all the time anyways. Cant wait to see you again Wilderness.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
illinois
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We went here Super Bowl weekend for a quick getaway. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchenette. It was great. Most of the area was in hibernation due to the off season, so having a kitchen helped save on the long waits at the few places open to eat at. We purchased breakfast items so we didnt have to leave. The splash area at the Wilderness on the Lake is great for the smaller kids. The area is not overwelming and they can't go far. The pool was big enough for a few hours for the little bigger kids to shoot baskets and walk across the lily pads. Mom and dad can enjoy the hot tub that extends to the outside. The kids got a kick out of being outside yet being in the hot water. Hot tub not for under the age of 6 though. We saw lifeguards telling parents to remove their kids if they were not old enough. Now if they would only control the kids who treat the hot tub like a swimming pool. The rooms were clean including the bathrooms. I wish they would supply at least some paper towel in the kitchen when you first arrive. We had a spill and had nothing to clean is up with. Next time I will make sure to bring a bag of supplies. The rooms were spaced far enough apart so you didnt hear the noise from the other room which is nice because we were staying with another family who had young kids who needed to nap. The shuttles were great except you had to wait a little longer for a shuttle to the lake but we were in no rush to go anywhere special. They have a new rope climbing village that the kids liked at the main hotel. You get a half hour to climb but you're probably in line that long so plan accordingly. The arcade is just a money pit with junk for prizes. Avoid if you can. We had a great time and will defiinitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view of the lake. It's beautiful esp. if its snowing. The view of the outd...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Evansville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 9 February 2012

It was a hot summer day, and my excitement grew as I waited my turn for the biggest water ride at the Wilderness Waterpark. With the first drop of the slide, my blood pressure rose and I was loving every twist and turn. The Wilderness Waterpark is located in the Wisconsin Dells and is a perfect vacation spot for families at all times of the year. The villas were very functional and had lots of space, had many options for my family to do, and was clean and well maintained. It offered many great attractions throughout the 600 acres of Wilderness Territory.
The resort offers many vacation arrangements and packages to fit any family. For example, you can choose to stay in the hotel section or at the villas on the lakefront. My family vacationed there last summer and stayed in the villas which are a defining feature for the resort. I liked the cabin style design. It had two levels and provided plenty of space for us to relax and enjoy the trip. The upstairs had a bedroom and overlooked the downstairs. A full kitchen was very useful, so we did not have to eat out for every meal. On the main level there was a master bedroom, along with two other bedrooms and large living room area. The view was wonderful overlooking the lake and forest.
The Wilderness also had a nice setup outside. Another great feature the resort offered was the infinity pool. It was so nice to come outside to enjoy the pool and hot tub. It also had a kiddy pool, as well as an indoor water park for children. This was a perfect setup for my family because I have two younger nieces who also loved playing in the sand beach down by the lake. An area was set aside with grills for families to cook out and relax on the waterside. The Wilderness offers more activities like an indoor 3-D mini golf course and 3 mega arcades. You never run out of things to do. The Wilderness has many other interesting things to do within close driving distance, like Ripley’s Believe It or Not museum and the Original Duck Tours.
The Wilderness Territory includes 500,000 square feet of clean, well-maintained indoor and outdoor water parks. This is by far the highlight of the trip. It is convenient that a ferry is used to transport vacationers across the lake to the water park. It is broken up into Lost World, Lake Wilderness, New Frontier, and Cubby’s Cove, which are all outside waterparks. On rainy days or in the colder months you can visit the Wild Waterdome, Klondike Kavern, Wild West, and Cubby’s Cove. With eight different parks, there are plenty of slides to go down. I was impressed with all the space to lay out by the pools, as well as the lazy river. It was perfect for relaxing and getting a tan. Two of my favorite rides were the Black Hole and The Hurricane. There were lots of other slides as well. Some were straight drops, and others had curves and turns. I think they were all worth trying. In the past when I visited other water parks, the wait was extremely long, but I thought they kept the lines moving quickly. My longest wait was only around fifteen minutes. Another thing I thought was impressive was the cleanliness of the park and the friendly workers.
The Wilderness Territory was a fantastic vacation spot for my family and I because it offered a fun, yet relaxing get away. The villas were the perfect size and the cabin style was a fun atmosphere. If you visit the Dells you won’t run out of things to do and will create memories that will last forever!

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Taylor S
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The condos here are a shuttle ride away from the test of the Wilderness water parks. The Cubbies Cove water park is on site and perfect for little ones. It is also less busy than the other paks because it is a little ride away. The rooms are a home away from home with all the space you need to be organized and for the kids to spread out to play. Our children are 6, 3, and 10 months. There is a crib provided also, which is a nice plus.
If there is any negative I would say that check in was crazy. I was under the impression that you could check in on the main grounds but you have to go to the Wilderness on the Lake on Hiawatha drive.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Tara S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Perfect accommodations for a girls night or family/friend getaway! So impressed by how large the condos were and how much space we had! 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, big kitchen with full fridge, oven, dishwasher, good sized living room with fireplace and blu ray and also a large 4 seasons porch with fireplace, tv and jacuzzi tub. It is a jacuzzi tub that could comfortably fit two adults, so be aware as the website says it's a 4 person tub! :) Convenient shuttle service to the water parks and very sound proof room - we couldn't hear any noise around us! Will definitely be back with kids and family!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends