“We came up 7/31-8/2/2015 Not up to standards”

Motel 6 Wisconsin Rapids
Reviewed 25 August 2015

We checked into our room and it was really nice except the comforters had bad stains on them and there was stuff on the floor. I asked for new bedding and when we left it was changed. We stayed here because of good price and the pool. The pool having worked in the hotel industry lets just say it had no heat,chlorine and had not been cleaned in quite a while. I walked into the pool it was ICE cold I slid on the bottom of the pool and took off a brown slime coat with my feet. In the corner's were big softball size hair clumps and other things floating on the bottom. My husband wouldn't even come in! I told them at the front desk and they said it was because they had a couple of kid parties and it was dirty from that!!That pool hadn't been cleaned in a LONG time! WE also had to ask for a new room because the first bed was rock hard, they switched us with no problem but then the 2nd room my husband and I had to sleep seperately because we sunk to the bottom of the mattress and couldn't move! I couldn't figure out why I kept getting stuffed up and the bathroom ceiling had mold on it. Now the people that ran it were very nice but when you save to do something you want a good place to stay. The people next to us their toilet seat broke and there were a few other people complaining. I tried to contact motel 6 the company and couldn't get ahold of them. I was not happy that for our money we didn't get to swim or sleep!

Room Tip: Check beds not the best by far!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JessH40

Reviewed 7 August 2015

It is downtown, near restaurants and stores, which is great. Price is inexpensive. Rooms fairly clean and enough parking. No breakfast or shampoo/conditioner given. Did not try the pool. No time. The toilet in room 211 has a plunger next to it, and it doesn't flush the toilet paper all the way, no matter what you are doing. The worst part, no elevator. I have a sprained foot that also has planter fasciitis in it, hard to even walk, and they had no rooms on the first floor. But overall, for the price, it was decent and worth it I guess.

Room Tip: Disabled ppl be sure to ask for 1st floor! No elevator!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Brandee L
Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

The price was right and the owner was very accommodating. We called ahead and let them know we'd be arriving past 2a.m. and were greeted with a smile upon arrival. The rooms are spacious and have an interesting updated yet retro inspired decor but the cleanliness left something to be desired. I'm assuming they installed the wood grain laminate flooring instead of carpet to help cut down on pet stain issues but the sour smell of pet urine was detectable in the hallway and room and the baseboards had some hair etc..around. The towels and sheets seemed a little dingy too. I'm an animal lover and always support pet friendly places as I often bring my pup but they've got to do something about the odor and step up their room cleaning and the laundering of their linens. Good enough for the price but some small improvements will go along way for this otherwise nice motel.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2015

This room was huge! I didn't expect it to have as much walking around room as it did. The hard wood floors are a nice touch to grim and dingy carpet which made it nice. There was a lovely little nook in the corner with a table with an outlet by it which is perfect for computer work. My only complaint is the cleaning products used in the room left a strong odor which bothered me until I got used to it. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room downstairs, it's a pain trying to carry luggage up the stairs, which are outsi...
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2015

This is the best MOTEL 6 we have stayed at.I prebooked because it was a holiday weekend.Lucky I did because the motel was fully booked for the night. Reception staff were pleasant and we had a remodeled room (161) which was spotless.OK this was a motel 6 and didn't have any extras but it ws $30 less than others in the area and was all we wanted for one night. A bonus was the Cracker Barrel and Outback Steakhouse on Huntington Ave a 3 minute drive around the corner!

1  Thank PASTACARA