US$190
ComfortInn
US$150
US$129
My Place Hotel-Cheyenne, WY(Cheyenne)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$107
Days Inn by Wyndham Cheyenne(Cheyenne)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$144
Hotels.com
US$139
Priceline
All reviewsstreet noiseparking garageold westdowntown cheyennebeautiful lobbystained glasstrain depotlots of historystep back in timean older hotelbed was comfortabledowntown areacheyenne frontier daysroad tripartifactshauntedparade
Reviewed 4 May 2018

Had to park three blocks away to avoid being towed. Parking was in a dirt lot, near train tracks. Not a safe feeling. I was followed by a guy in a pickup all the way to the hotel - seriously!! There was no shuttle available either in the evening or morning. Staff was clueless. I paid an extra fee for a pet room and got a small, stinky room with a filthy shower. In the morning, there was no hot water, even after 10 minutes of the water running. The place is promoted as a quaint old, historic hotel. It was a nightmare.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Astrid A, Owner at The Historic Plains Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Dear Ms Dawn S

I appreciate that you were the lovely tired guest that I personally picked up with your little dog in our parking lot, (where I personally park). You and your adorable Chihuahua were going to Michigan. You were towing a trailer which is not easy to park on any City street or the nearby City garage, which is less than 2 blocks away. I am actually pleased that we could offer you, your dog and your trailer rig, our parking lot, considering we're are in the heart of historic downtown. Our shuttle runs from 8 am to 6 pm. We should have probably called you a cab. As you stated you were beat, you gave me your dog to hold while you grabbed your bags. I happily offered you a ride to the hotel, but I did not notice a menacing truck following us.

Yes, we have the most amazing historic hotel, but more, WE TRULY CARE! Alyssa, our well trained front desk clerk, checked you and your little sweet doggy in pink gingham dress, with the courtesy and pride our staff love to show our guests. I sensed you were appreciative.

We met again early the next day at our full buffet hot breakfast. You told me you hated to complain, but that you only had tepid water in your shower! Super concerned, I personally went to your room, verified the water was tepid warm - (NOT good !) and called our plumber to come in immediately! You said you had taken a shower, which I could see from the towels on the floor. However, even with your dog in the room, I I did not notice that it smelled bad. (your pet fee was refunded)

I hope the rest of your trip to Michigan went as well as possible. Should your travels bring you through Cheyenne again, I hope I can personally apologize and perhaps make some amends that would give you peace.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

This place is a total 5 star Hotel!! I absolutely loved the place from the decor to the staff Grade A ! Would highly recommend to anyone. The parking is downtown style but its worth it once you make it to this beuatiful place. Theres many place to park. I had to do luandry and they provide free pod's. The breakfast was the best all you can eat hot breakfast i have had at a hotel. If you want to stay somwhere different and classy and isnt like all the other cookie cutter hotels this is the place.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for recomendations
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Astrid A, Owner at The Historic Plains Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Norcal ,

How AWESOME are you!

Thank you for taking your time to illuminate the venerable Plains Hotel. We care so much about our service to guests keeping alive 107 year traditions or kind care and courtesy. I will past this super note to staff.

Please continue your savvy travel and we'll pass your kindness onward!

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I just wanted to say that the staff and the Hotel were amazing. We will be coming back next year. Thanks so much to the wonderful staff. There were so many restaurants and museums to venture to with in walking distance. The history of the hotel is outstanding. It's a delightful step back in time. Much love to you all!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven D

Dearest Stephen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about the venerable historic Plains Hotel our service and especially a very cool historic downtown, Cheyenne!

We strive to make our guest visits a, "step in our door - step back in time", amazing experience. However, it is the kind remarks of you savvy travelers that bring joy to our enthusiastic employees! (I will post this.)

Thank you again and Bless you onward to many safe weeks and wonder filled days.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Very cool old hotel, think bed and breakfast not Hilton. The hotel was clean enough. Need more hot water, let it run for a while. They need to turn up temp a bit. Nice bar and breakfast. Ask for a tour, we didn’t but wish we would have. Very historical!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachael S
Astrid A, Owner at The Historic Plains Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dearest Ms RS

You nailed it - an excellent suggestion. If only these walls could talk. (lets make the walls talk ) We could easily emulate other historic hotels with a paid tour, however self touring with charming posts in the halls is the next right action step and my personal trust.

Cheyenne has a terrific story with 150 years under its belt. The Plains Hotel comes in circa 1911, as an exuberant statement of "can do".

Regarding hot water depending on our occupancy the water can take xx seconds per floor to arrive in the 118,000 SF structure, which is the size of the Titanic!

Kindest regards as you wander and wonder!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Dirty sheets. Yellow dried crud all over and hair. Got new sheets and they were such worn white sheets they were brown. Pillows were dirty. Had no water after sending us on every floor to vending machines and then tell us we have to go to gas station to get it. Not worth the cheap last minute stay. Too grossed out.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katie S
Astrid A, Owner at The Historic Plains Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear Katie,

I specifically followed up on your review and found that we had a new maintenance person not put your intended room out of order. It had not been cleaned. Not good, my apologies and I hope we can make it up to you somehow.

Personally, I find that, what goes around comes around. I pray something super sweet comes your way !