“Look Elsewhere”

Add it.
Gateway Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lyman
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Arrived at 9:00 pm and parking lot was nearly empty. I asked for a single room, but the desk clerk said there were no singles only doubles. The room she put me in had curtains (slat-type) with one slat missing, so I couldn't close them. The TV did not work, so I went back and asked for a different room. I had already put my luggage in the first room, so I had to move to the second room. Then I had to move my vehicle close to the new room. The desk clerk (I believe it was the husband of the woman I dealt with) said to be sure to bring the other key back when finished moving. The property is dark and the sheriff drove through while I was unpacking. The men in the room upstairs had their laundry drying on the rail. If it hadn't been late and dark I would have moved on without staying.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank johnny b

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I am moving cross country and found all the rooms booked in Evanston, WY when I stopped there after midnight, so the Holiday Inn staff there suggested I call this motel. I called and was told there would be a room and that I didn't need to reserve it. When I arrived, the older white woman at the front desk looked at me and said she had made a mistake and there were no rooms after all. I am an African American man. I don't know what the reality was, but I found the interaction disturbing. And it left me stuck in the middle of the night in Wyoming to drive even further looking for a place to sleep. I would avoid this motel if you have a choice; based on other reviews here that would probably be wise in any case.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank WCTravels76
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The lady running the place was nice, but it went pretty much downhill from there. We were given a room in the small building attached to the office. It was obvious that this room is probably the most used of the lot; stained carpet, pet odor, crusty blanket on the bed, stuffy. The ancient, tiny heater worked, but not very well. I have to wonder if the rooms in the other, more modern and remodeled building were better. And if so, why werent we given one of those? Anyhow, it slept us. Thats about the best thing I can say for it. I guess when youre the only choice in town there aint much reason to pull out the stops.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the big building.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The room was very clean and comfortable. The friendly staff was helpful and answered all of my questions. To have wireless access was great, and the connection was reliable. It's far enough from the main highway so as not to be noisy, yet close enough to be convenient. Nice, quiet, and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Room is very dirty. Old cans of food left in the room, which means the rooms aren't clean. Heat doesn't work in room. Sheets and blankets are ripped. Bed mattress is sagging. I'll be luck if I don't get a disease or bed bugs from this place. Do yourself a favor and stay in a different town. I should have brought my sleeping bag to sleep in my truck; it is much leaner then this place. This place should be shut down for unsanitary conditions.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank 24-7cotraveler

Been to Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!