“A comfortable quiet place to stay”
Review of Gateway Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gateway Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lyman
Reviewed 21 October 2015

Stopped here during a road trip and of all the places we stayed in, this was by far the most pleasant and comfortable. Some things were dated (eg. curtains, decor, etc.) but everything was clean, and where they could get updated things, they did. Was very nice, and a very good deal.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 August 2015

It is set up to service I believe construction workers. The place is old and needs updating but has kitchenettes, tables, large dressers and big rooms. It is not worth $80.00. Nice family that runs it though.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rhonda C
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Arrived at 9:00 pm and parking lot was nearly empty. I asked for a single room, but the desk clerk said there were no singles only doubles. The room she put me in had curtains (slat-type) with one slat missing, so I couldn't close them. The TV did not work, so I went back and asked for a different room. I had already put my luggage in the first room, so I had to move to the second room. Then I had to move my vehicle close to the new room. The desk clerk (I believe it was the husband of the woman I dealt with) said to be sure to bring the other key back when finished moving. The property is dark and the sheriff drove through while I was unpacking. The men in the room upstairs had their laundry drying on the rail. If it hadn't been late and dark I would have moved on without staying.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank johnny b
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I am moving cross country and found all the rooms booked in Evanston, WY when I stopped there after midnight, so the Holiday Inn staff there suggested I call this motel. I called and was told there would be a room and that I didn't need to reserve it. When I arrived, the older white woman at the front desk looked at me and said she had made a mistake and there were no rooms after all. I am an African American man. I don't know what the reality was, but I found the interaction disturbing. And it left me stuck in the middle of the night in Wyoming to drive even further looking for a place to sleep. I would avoid this motel if you have a choice; based on other reviews here that would probably be wise in any case.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank WCTravels76
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The lady running the place was nice, but it went pretty much downhill from there. We were given a room in the small building attached to the office. It was obvious that this room is probably the most used of the lot; stained carpet, pet odor, crusty blanket on the bed, stuffy. The ancient, tiny heater worked, but not very well. I have to wonder if the rooms in the other, more modern and remodeled building were better. And if so, why werent we given one of those? Anyhow, it slept us. Thats about the best thing I can say for it. I guess when youre the only choice in town there aint much reason to pull out the stops.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the big building.