All reviews under new management microwave and refrigerator hot springs catherine fans
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

The new management is trying very hard to update this old hotel. Catherine is very friendly and helpful both at booking and at the front desk.
Our room was very clean and comfortable.
Visitors need to give this place a chance. Clean & comfortable what more do you need!
It is within walking distance to downtown restaurants and shopping. Also close to the famous hot springs pool.
I will be staying here again while snowmobiling.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joy T
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I had read a number of reviews that had me questioning whether the Sage and Sand was someplace I would want to stay. But, since lodings in Saratoga were full for the weekend I intended to visit, I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did.
The motel has a new management team that believe that they can improve the image of the old motel. New paint, amenities and a desire to provide good customer service were evident during our stay. I hope that Catherine and her husband continue to make promised improvements to this comfortable, if simple, motel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

The owners or managers seem like decent people, but they haven't yet had a chance tho update this motel. I hesitated to write a review because I feel bad for this depressed lodging. We had no other ptions, so we found ourselves there. The exterior is actually kind of cute and rustic. But our mattress was foam and super squishy.... no support. I also found a long hair on my pillow that was a different color than my own hair. I didn't say anything because I needed to pretend it didn't happen in the moment in order to sleep. The lampshade was completely cracked and missing a chunk. The oppressive darkness of the room would be helped with a coat of light colored paint over the fake wood paneling and new lighting.... that's where I would invest.... as well as a decent mattress. On the plus side, out is wuite close to the community hot springs. Good luck to the new management and to the guests with modest expectations.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
kennethfinton, Owner at Sage and Sand Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Yes, remodeling is in process. Most people like the memory foam mattresses. I am sorry they do not suit you. All is well in good time.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Saratoga is a cute western town and worth a stop over. The town was packed because of a bicycle tour going on. Sage and Sand was about the only thing available. We were lucky to book a room with 2 bedrooms, allowing my sister and I to share one room and a traveling companion another. There is free wifi but you have to sit outside the room to have access. The closer to the office, the better. The bedroom we stayed in has new mattresses, but the owner has not removed the plastic casing the mattresses is shipped with. Thus it is hot and makes crinkling noises whenever one turns over. Add that to the lack of any kind of air circulation and you get a hot, stuffy night. The second bedroom mattress is old and sags something fierce. The bathroom shower looked so bad with mold and such that I opted not to shower.

Room Tip: Get a room with either a ceiling fan or a window fan.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank SanLuisLover
kennethfinton, Owner at Sage and Sand Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hello from the owner. Perhaps you did not realize that we changed management a day before you arrived. The new team is attentive to details and fixed that silly error in not removing the plastic from the new mattress. Inconceivable that the old team did not remove it, but we were left in a bad spot when the previous manager left just as the high season started and we had no one at all. You will find ceiling fans, window fans, evaporative coolers that work better than air conditioning in the high, thin, Wyoming air. You will find all your concerns fixed now.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Looked at the reviews of this place and didn't have high expectations. I booked the place through booking.com and they did not honor it. I arrived late in the evening and was too tired to deal with it. As for the room and accommodations, the previous reviews were spot on. We slept in a bed that had plastic on the mattresses, and every movement made a noise. Not comfortable at all.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family