“Very good”
Review of Southcable Cafe

Southcable Cafe
Ranked #17 of 29 Restaurants in Teton Village
Description: Breakfast and lunch cafe nestled at the base of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort inside Caldera House. Serving up breakfast burritos, pizza and other grab n' go options. We will reopen for the summer season on June 1st.
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Thirty seven years ago last month I sat at this very spot and ate a sandwich and read the housing ads as I tried to figure out where I was to fit into my new home. The Village Cafe in the Old Village Center Inn aka the seven level lodge is long gone now, where you could execute a hockey skate stop and eat pizza by the slice or healthy brown rice teriyaki wraps immediately slope-side. Except for Corbett’s Cabin, up top, the Alpenhof and the Mangy Moose including RMO, the old Village vibe is gone so that I was prepared to rant here about New West postmodern architecture and cuisine in mourning of all we’ve lost. But do you know what? This place isn’t bad! There’s more wood inside than I expected and the freshly baked goods and friendly staff won me. Yes, $3.50 is steep even for a large cookie, though it was delicious. But $5 for a large slice of pepperoni pizza was what we paid at the VC! I must warn you, it’s a thin crust and if it sits under the heat lamp for a while, it will have the texture thereof but ideally there will be so much traffic you’ll have a fresh slice! And it’s all about convenience. By all means go have a sit down full restaurant lunch if you’re not eager to get back on the piste but for a quick, delicious lunch, this has all but replaced the beloved VC of memory. It gets the job done well and sits slope-side just as I’d hoped. And that’s without being located in the four seasons or the teton club.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

This was our go-to morning coffee stop in the village. Great coffee, friendly staff and awesome breakfast on the go food. Will miss it!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stopped in for a quick lunch before hiking the Wildflower trail. The remade sandwiches from the cooler were awful. The bread fell apart because it was soggy and the sandwich tasted terrible. Stick to drinks at this place as there are so many other stops nearby.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

veggie burritos are awesome! coffee is fabulous and staff is super friendly! I even stopped in a second time for a slice of cheese!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Friendly staff, lovely selection and good prices what more would you want from this local take out. Excellent selection of breakfast and lunch choices. Casual, cool and fun for those who want to avoid the pretentious places out here in the Village.