“Aloha Spirit in Abundance”
Review of Hilo Seaside Hotel

Hilo Seaside Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Hilo
Reviewed 9 December 2017

I booked this hotel because it was close to the airport. I arrived at night during torrential downpours and a winter weather advisory to include flash flooding in Hilo. Hello Hawaii!
I drove from the airport to the hotel in less than 5 minutes in pitch black darkness as the rains were very heavy. It wasn't even 8 oclock in the evening. I was greeted at the front desk with a cheery hello and my every need attended to. After a pleasant evening being serenaded by the coqui frogs and the rain in a clean and comfy room overlooking the koi pond I ate a lovely breakfast at the Coconut Grill. Knowing I had a night to book at the end of my stay I told the front desk person, Judy, that I might be back in a week. She was delighted. Upon returning to the hotel a week later Judy greeted me by name upon sight. I was amazed that she remembered me. In all of my travels through the Big Island that week the people and place that personified the Aloha Spirit the best to me was the Hilo Seaside Inn. I will return! Thank You! Oh-and if you get a chance please visit the Hilo History display inside the hotel. It is terrific.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms overlooking garden
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank WayOutWestMontana
SeasideHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hilo Seaside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us twice! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the warmth and Aloha spirit of our staff and property. Please do come back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights. Although on arrival we thought it looked a bit uninviting we could not be more impressed with the hotel. It's run by an Hawain family. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Our room was a good size, clean and well maintained. The restaurant attached, The Coconut Grill, did great value food with friendly staff too. This is a great hotel for the traveller that is on a budget but likes comfort too. Would highly recommend it.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sbrazy

Mahalo for your positive comments about our property! We love to hear that our hotel was able to exceed your initial expectations! Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 2 December 2017

We stayed here for four nights. The hotel is dated but the rooms were spacious and clean. The staff at the front desk were friendly and you can pick up daily fresh fruits from the counter like papayas, bananas and oranges. It is just a few minutes drive from Hilo airport (you can hear the planes over your head once in a while but not at night). A very short walk to Ken's Pancakes, old style Hawaiian restaurant for breakfast as well as a beautiful park called Liliuokalani Gardens. A good deal for not a fancy hotel!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eric C
SeasideHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hilo Seaside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you for providing your comments! We hope you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 1 December 2017

We so enjoyed our stay at the Hilo Seaside Hotel. We where only there for 1 night but we loved the room, it was very clean, the beds where very comfortable, clean linens and towels too. The staff where so courteous and friendly, we felt welcomed and cared for. We loved the free breakfast, a full meal! the wait staff where very friendly, attentive and made us feel like family! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Garden room with view of the Koi pond from the lovely balcony
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SJohutch

Mahalo for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate you positive feedback!

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Spent the night with my brother during a stop over in our holiday. Room was lovely, beds were super comfortable, and the staff friendly and helpful. There was ease of access to local restaurants and to the nearby park and beach.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
SeasideHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hilo Seaside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilo
0.6 km away
97.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kailua-Kona
0.7 km away
Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Hilo Seaside Hotel? Share your experiences!