“Very Tasty 😋 ”

Tina's Garden Cafe
Ranked #10 of 257 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: American, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tina's Garden Cafe is a local Thai Fusion restaurant located on the bay front area of Hilo, Hawaii. We serve Family Style dishes, crafted from as many locally-sourced and organic ingredients as possible. Our dishes are made-to-order, and are designed to be shared. Since most of our ingredients are fresh and locally sourced, we may have a limited supply based on availability. Please be sure to ask your friendly wait staff for more information about your favorite dishes! We recommend that you make reservations or pre-order ahead of time, as our dinning area is quite limited and in high demand. We are not a fast-food place and all of our dishes will take some time to make by our wonderful chef Tina. We also recommend you to pre-order 2 days in advance for large groups of 10 people or more. Tina is our sole chef, and personally prepare every dish, to ensure quality. Your dishes will be served as soon as they are completed, though not necessarily simultaneously. Enjoy!
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

We spent eight nights in Hilo and tried three different Thai restaurants and they were all very good. We ate at Tina’s twice and found the food fresh, tasty and plentiful. I tried a couple of the curries and my wife did the soups.

I’m giving this eatery an excellent even though
seating is limited and food arrival time is slow. The speed is limited as there is only one chef and there are plenty of take out orders.

The wait staff was good and friendly. I like broccoli and informed the waiter and sure enough my plate came back loaded with broccoli.

I believe, Tina’s is only open on most days until five except Friday and Saturday nights.

If the place is crowded, you may have to be patient but I believe that the wait will be worth it.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Odd hours like noon to 4pm. Seating for maybe 40 people. Menu has many creative combinations found nowhere else. I had a salad of veggies, fruit, 4 large shrimp and a yummy dressing. Don’t like your veggies? You will like these. Note: if you are in a hurry go somewhere else. Everything is prepared when ordered so be patient and enjoy.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We enjoyed our lunch at Tina's, very unique menu of Thai fusion. I love the nut medley and my wife enjoyed her broccoli/avocado/shrimp salad. Wonderful combination of flavours in both meals. Large portions as well so come hungry. Very cool experience, would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch and the server warned us that there was only one chef so the food would most likely come out individually which it did. Food took a long time to come but it was well worth the wait. The portions were large and the prices were reasonable.
There are a limited number of tables a reservation would be a good idea.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We asked a friend here on the island where we should eat in Hilo. Kalia said Tina's! Boy, was it worth it! We were soooo hungry, and Tina's didn't disappoint. The food was very fresh, & REAL! Who knew that pumpkin would be great in a curry dish?? There was enough left over to take home for supper too. The only thing I would suggest, is we most likely would have had one of the specialty drinks, or beer & wine, but the waiter was very busy....he didn't ask if we wanted a drink until we were nearly done our food. If he was to give suggestions while he was taking our orders, we very easily could have been "up-sold". We will be back!