“nice little lunch spot~”

Tamari Japanese Lunch Shop
Ranked #72 of 246 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Very nice man from Japan serving home made Japanese plate lunch specialties. Every day something home made.

There are newer reviews for Tamari Japanese Lunch Shop

Reviewed 11 October 2015

I eat here almost every day, and have tried almost all the menu items. I've loved every dish I've tried! Can't beat the super reasonable prices either.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

The owner works the counter and cooks the food. He cooks small batches, so nothing sits for very long.

We came after the lunch rush, and the specials (as well as most lunch selections) were gone. No big deal - the owner whipped up something yummy for us fresh and hot. When he learned that one in our party was vegetarian, he modified a dish to accommodate.

Great local food, great service.

Reviewed 5 April 2015

Although it's a small take out place with difficult to find parking place, it has the best vegetarian lasagne, best everything. And you can't beat the prices. If I could, I'd go back everyday to have lunch.

Reviewed 19 March 2015 via mobile

One guy who does everything. Cooked my ten-don bowl right there infront of me, so fresh, tasty, not oily at all!!! Very polite owner, i did not have to wait long for my food. Loved the sushi! So fresh & ono!!!

Thank Leimomi Bronson... K