“Great food and service!”

Pineapple's Island Fresh Cuisine
Ranked #7 of 257 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and drinks! Our server Rose, was fantastic! She was funny and engaging and knew her stuff about the food and drinks. I had coconut crusted catch of the day (Mahi Mahi), which was delicious and a Lychee margarita which was fantastic. Service was very prompt and we felt very cared for. I hope to visit Pineapples again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Our Airbnb was in volcano so we made quick visits to Hilo over the span of a week. The few times we walk past pineapple it was quit busy and saw that there were waits.

We decided to stop there for lunch enroute to Hilo airport on the way out as it was just a 10 min drive from the airport.

Had to order the flank steak because it’s the hype item. It was really good. Soft and tender like everyone said. Flavourful but a little salty for my liking but I don’t even cook with salt so that could be why. I also had the POW pineapple drink and that was DELICIOUS and refreshing!!!

Very friendly staff. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We planned to go and forgot to call ahead, walked up just a table for 2 and the host who greeted us was great! as busy as he was or they were they took our info and said give us 30 minutes, we wandered to Lucys Taqueria and waited in line and as we approached the front we received a call that a table had opened up and that it was close to the bar / entertainer. Although it was loud the service was great, the bus girl, the host, the manager / owner and waitress were all friendly and explained the freshness of the ingredients in the dish. We had the Sashimi grade Ahi which was fantastic and my now favorite fish ONO ;) . Thanks for the great meal and the experience was fantastic but call ahead to get on a wait list or make a reservation because we came from Waikoloa and had to drive back which makes for a long day/ night ;)

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

The title says it all. I ate here a year ago and had the best coconut shrimp of my life... the last night returned to find they took it off the menu and have coconut seafood which was so heavily breaded and fried it might as well have been pork! If you want local flavors, this is not the place. If you want to be take care of as the tourists you are, eat ok but not great food, and be overcharged, welcome!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Was in Hilo for 2 days in and found Pineapple's on Yelp. Took a chance and went in. The place was packed. The host told us 20 minutes but more like 15. I don't use the word or rate place Excellent very often, but this restaurant was. Food, service, atmosphere, prices - EXCELLENT. I had the furikake shrimp - amazing. 2 others in our party had swordfish -EXCELLENT. Can't remember what everyone else had, but everyone was very satisfied. Our waitress was originally from KC, MO and had lived in Hilo for a few years. She was great and had the Hilo vibe going on. Drink prices were also very reasonable. If you are in Hilo, stop in to Pineapple's.