“Quality city bistro!”

Cafe Pesto Hilo Bay
Ranked #13 of 254 Restaurants in Hilo
Price range: US$12 - US$39
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mamo Street
Transit: Bus stop across street.
Description: Cafe Pesto offers creative and locally fresh Island cuisine in a casually elegant setting at truly affordable prices. It's menu draws from the diverse multicultural influences found throughout the Big Island and applies them to wood fired pizzas, ethnically inspired pastas, risottos, the freshest of seafood and organic salads.
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Really nice find in an unassuming storefront, but the food is quality and the best lemonade I’ve ever tasted.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,606)

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here with my family on a Tuesday evening. The place has a nice, comfortable atmosphere. Our server was awesome. She was super friendly and quick, checked on us several times and gave some good recommendations. I had a cajun pasta dish that was very good and my son had pasta as well. My husband had the southwest calzone, which we all tried, and it was amazing! We should have all gotten one! We had a good time here and will definitely be back!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Stopped in here for lunch. Had a good pizza and a nice house salad. Pizza was great, and the salad was super fresh & tasty. The day we ate here was not too busy, the service was vary fast and everyone was very nice. Thanks!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Food is good. Basically the same menu for years and years. Only the specials change. On the pricey side. I stopped ordering the pizzas because they were under cooked

1  Thank Brandi1970
Reviewed 7 March 2018

We stopped in for lunch while wandering through the small shops that surround. Got hungry and I remembered by the name that it rated well. Despite being busy we were seated right away as it was mid week and just us two. Our waiter was just the right level of attentive through our whole meal. Atmosphere was open style with low lighting to add a more intimate feel. I had a burger because it had local grass fed beef and I knew from past experience the excellent flavor of the local beef. I was asked how I wanted it cooked and though I like mine well done I know others appreciate the choice. It came well cooked still moist though well cooked as I asked. Simple ingredients just some crispy onions lettuce and tomato and cheese but that set a great stage for the wonderful taste of the local beef. The steak fries were well seasoned and I had a couple of dipping sauces to choose from. My spouse had a seafood sandwich that was on a baguette with melted cheese. I had some it was simple yet delicious. The cheese did not overpower so the taste of the seafood shone through. It was delicious. He also had a purple potato salad which was delicious. My only down was the menu which was limited in a few large categories. They were definitely following the do fewer types of things and do them well but I like it when I have a hard time narrowing it down. They had pizza with lots of build your own options but we were not in the mood.