“Ownership Update!”

Dave's Plate and Coffee Shack
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We ate here recently on the advice of Trip Advisor reviews. The place was basically as advertised. Breakfast burrito was really tasty. The combo breakfast was basic but good. The banana pancakes looked good (on the plates of others). Ambiance was as advertised. :)

Our only caveat is we heard talk that the place is now under new management. If this is true, keep an eye on whether the quality holds. Perhaps the old or new owner(s) can weigh in on this issue.

1  Thank Big_Steve56

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Very low overhead cost, means they can pass on savings to customers, and offer low prices. Don't let outside fool you. Once you get inside, you'll be met by a smiling face cashier who will take your order on the counter. Lots of choices. You need to pay in cash as they don't accept cards. Short wait for food served in plastic cutlery. All that matters is the food quality anyway, which is superb. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I love finding little hole-in-the-wall places that all the local people usually keep to themselves, and this is definitely one of them. We pulled up and thought it was an auto repair shop, but don't let the outside fool you! I had the banana pancakes on special, but I actually preferred to share the breakfast burrito my husband had... :) Phenomenal!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Great Family restaurant, food was good and reasonably priced. I took my two and 3yo the waiter was very patient and accommodating. Very relaxed atmosphere for a Sunday Morning meal!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

From what we saw this place is Kua Kua Depot or Kua Kua Cafe.

We ate here twice on our trip, even though it was about 15 minutes away from our hotel in Waikoloa. They serve lunch and breakfast and the meals are typically $5-7. Meals are good size and tasty. If you are truly hungry - go for the pancake stack! 3 enormous pancakes. I only made it through 1 1/2.

The staff was friendly and I heard the waitress tell people twice to tell others at the hotels about them so I think they welcome the tourists (despite what some of the reviews say). If you walk in and there are a lot of tables full without food it will be a bit of a wait. We waited about 20 mins the first time because they were very busy, but the second time was less than 10 mins.

Be warned, google maps this address wrong. It is on the South East corner of the big hotel. turn right onto Pua Melia from Waikoloa Rd at the intersection of Pua Melia/Paniolo. Alternatively, get close and map to the post office.