“Amazing Ribs”

Napua at Mauna Lani Beach Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Napua at Mauna Lani Beach Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Like a delicious little secret, tucked away in a private ocean cove along the appetizing sands of Mauna Lani Resort is a Big Island restaurant called Napua, waiting for you to discover the foods of Hawai'i Island, shared with the kind of aloha that comes from those who know.
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I went there last week for my dad's birthday. It was fantastic. Beautiful view of the water. There was a live band when I was there that was fantastic. I got the ribs for dinner and the sauce was one of the best I've ever had. Some sort of guava based sweet bbq sauce I believe. Could have used a little more meat on the bones, but everything else was so amazing it is still 5 stars. My wife and parents all enjoyed it a ton as well.

While I never got a chance to go during lunch, I wanted to. Their lunch menu looks great and it is right above one of the best snorkeling beaches in the area. It is also right next to the scuba dive shop for the hotel. So go and do both!

1  Thank pclark2

Reviewed 24 May 2016

This restaurant is located at the beach club, and is a welcome respite from the Hawaii sun after a day on the beach. At lunchtime the restaurant is casual and they have no problem with you dining in beachwear.

The restaurant is a bit on the expensive side, to be expected for its location, so we would share a main. However the portions are big enough to do so. I visited a few times during my stay, and enjoyed burgers or salads.

I would recommend to sit inside as there are lots of bugs outside that will attack your food. They did offer to burn a candle to get rid of them but it wasn't very effective.

1  Thank Natz169
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Dinner was amazing. The view was incredible. The calamari appetizer was unreal it was so good. We had a ribeye and the ribs and they were perfect. I want to go there every night.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

This is a hidden gem that I'm so glad we found. Every part about this restaurant is amazing. The staff, atmosphere and food were all great!

Reviewed 16 May 2016

I never write reviews but I feel like I really should for this place. OUTSTANDING food, best atmosphere, and the absolute BEST service. Not many of the restaurants have great views but this one checks all the boxes. The fresh fish of the day was the best I've ever had on any island in all of Hawaii and I've been to them all many times. The flavor was superb and because it was so fresh, they took a very light hand in preparing it so the full fish flavor really came through. Every bite was perfection. The sweet potato smear was the perfect accompaniment. I had the Island Salad with the white honey, garlic vinaigrette and it was so good I ordered another one for take out to have for lunch the following day! Ending our meal was the most delicate and delicious coconut cake. I would make a special trip to this island just to go to this restaurant again. Oh, and the fabulous live guitar player made the evening perfect. I also want to comment on the service. This team of people gets it. They were personable and proud of their jobs and their product. It showed. Everyone there was attentive and you could really see the pride they took in their service. I will recommend this place to everyone. Loved it!

2  Thank sdchastain