“Awesome Coconut Shrimp and Ali Tuna”

Lava Lava Beach Club
Ranked #4 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Price range: US$0 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lava Lava Beach Club is brought to you by the same people who bring you Huggo's oceanfront restaurant in Kailua-Kona , On The Rocks, a casual beach bar in Kailua-Kona, Paradise Gourmet Catering, the Big Island leader in custom events and weddings and Grass Shack Parties & Rentals, the go-to source for all local style affordable parties.
Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

We headed here for dinner following our afternoon golf game. If you want a nice casual dining experience with a beautiful sunset view, this place is perfect! Best coconut shrimp I've ever had and the portion is huge! Also, the Ahi tuna poke is delicious (my first Ahi experience). Our server was kind and prompt and the sunset view was the perfect end to our meal. Enjoy!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,727)

Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

I really wanted to give a good review. Place is raucous fun, food was good and bartenders bust their butt.

BUT, while sitting at the bar I noticed the glassware. Factory windows in Cleveland aren't this filthy! I hope the attached photo will give the impression I had.

I wont be back.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

I agree with most of these reviews. Get there an hour before sunset, dont expect quick service, order drinks and an app or 2, and watch the sunset. I would go again in a flash.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

A lively place, good music, was too dark to enjoy the view. French fries are delish. For dinner I had the seared Ahi, it was great. My husband had the terriyaki steak, he said it was a bit too sweet for him. Had a bit of excitment when a Praying Mantis wanted to join our table of 10. Yikes... Service was not great.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

I stayed nearby and once I discovered Lava Lava I ate there frequently. There was a good selection to chose from and lots of great specialty drinks. I loved the location - right on the water, the atmosphere - friendly & upbeat and the service - top shelf.
Whether you sit at a table outside or inside or at the bar, it's definitely "the place to be" !!

Ian H, Public Relations Manager at Lava Lava Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2016

Mahalo nui for such a great review!