“Perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanalei
Hanalei Surfboard House
Ranked #1 of 5 Hanalei B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We stayed in The Love Shack and the Elvis Suite in 7/2017 over the course of 11 days. This was hands down the best vacation that my wife and I have ever been on. The island of Kauai felt like an imaginary island with its perfect beaches, mountain hiking trails and relative underdevelopment. Our stay at the Surfboard House could not have been more wonderful. Simon truly thought of everything when creating his suites. His suites are like mini museums with music memorabilia and after 5 nights in each room I still found myself noticing new items on the final day. I think it is easiest to list the highlights that made his place amazing:
-Simon, himself, absolutely wonderful man
-location directly across the street from Hanalei Bay
-incredibly comfortable California King beds
-all beach supplies supplied including beach towels, body boards, cooler, Tommy Bahama chairs, beach umbrella, beach mats
-complimentary Kauai whole bean coffee with grinder that made for excellent coffee
-complimentary local soap, shampoo and conditioner
-any kitchen appliance that I could imagine one would use
-fridge with ice maker
-BBQ grill on back patio
-efficient air conditioning with ceiling fans
-stunning plant life with beautiful landscaping on his entire property

My favorite aspect of The Love Shack was the outdoor shower which is completely private with a surrounding fence. I did not take a single shower inside for 6 days. We then moved to The Elvis Suite which was equally as nice and had both front and back patios.

Both suites had a washer/dryer just outside which was very convenient.

I don't believe that Simon could have made our experience any more special. If you are reading this and considering a stay at The Surfboard House I strongly encourage you to stop looking elsewhere and just book a suite with Simon.

Room Tip: The Love Shack & Elvis Suite were both wonderful
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ndayev6

Reviewed 6 July 2017

There's nothing like staying a block from the beach and watching less fortunate souls wait in line to cross the one-lane bridge into and out of Hanalei each day. We also appreciated having our own set of boogie boards and a beach umbrella. There's a hose just outside the unit for washing off the sand, so the apartment stays clean. Although the unit has air conditioning, we enjoyed leaving it off and letting in the tropical breeze.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Visiting Kauai after an absence of 40 years we were astounded by the beauty of the North Shore. My wife chose the "Love Shack" for our 50th wedding anniversary and honeymoon (we were too poor to take one in 1967). The eclectic atmosphere of the Surfboard House was palpable. A 1947 jukebox greeted us on entry into the studio apartment. We were told the woodwork was recycled from an old farmhouse in Texas and the fixtures were tastefully taken from the 40's and 50's. It had the same bathroom sink as my 1929 house in Seattle. You can tell that Simon is an artist by his application of all the elements that make up the "Love Shack". Jackie was great at welcoming us and filling us in on the history of the Surfboard House. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt after this and while it was very nice did not equal our stay at the "Love Shack". It fact we loved it so much that my wife has already booked a 2 week stay there for next June.

Room Tip: Love Shack is the largest of the 3 units
2  Thank 206judithm
Reviewed 2 July 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Hanalei Surfboard House for 4 nights in late May-We had a great time staying in the Elvis Suite. The room was super fun, with lots of music memorabilia and island decor. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean and stocked with everything we needed to enjoy light cooking and barbecue -even beach mats, chairs umbrellas and a cooler for the beach. Simon is a friendly and knowledgable host-he was helpful with tips for the best beaches, snorkeling and restaurants, and told us the interesting story of how he built the Surfboard House. Make sure to check out Tunnels Beach for snorkeling and the Kauai Farmacy, a fabulous herbal and medicinal garden store and tour just south of Hanalei. The Surfboard House is a wonderful place to stay in a magical part of Kauai. Thanks Simon!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BandHLosGatos
Reviewed 30 June 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hanalei Surfboard House in the Cowgirl Suite and it felt like home, so comfortable.....we didn't want to leave. Simon was awesome and accommodating. We cooked meals on the patio barbecue, walked to the shops and restaurants in Hanalei, walked to the beach for boogie boarding and relaxing. We had an amazing time and next time we go back to Kauai we will definitely stay at the Hanalei Surfboard House.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanalei
4.4 km away
Makai Club Resort
#1 of 1 in Princeville
4.7 km away
Hale Ho'o Maha Bed & Breakfast

Been to Hanalei Surfboard House? Share your experiences!