Classic Vacation Cottages
US$449
Autograph
US$594
US$439
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort(Poipu)
US$809
Marriott
US$749
US$674
Hyatt.com
The Kauai Inn(Lihue)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$241
US$101
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2009

When we arrived at the Poipu house, we arrived to find our room with someone else's name on the door. After phoning the host, we found out it was double booked. By the way, the Queen Suite we ordered was absolutely filthy and filled with worn out Salvation Army type furniture. The towels were smelly and the bedsheets were mismatched and moldy smelling. There was dust on the fans and the tub was dirty. After talking to Chris, the owner, I said we'd move to the other cottages he owns in the town of Kalaheo. By this time we were tired from flying and had our 7 year old daughter with us. He offered a 3 bedroom house to us instead for the same price. I said I don't care about the size, I just wanted it to be clean. Guess what, bigger but still dirty. We stayed two nights while we found other accomodations (in Kapaa). We payed our two nights and Chris gave us a check for the remainder of our deposit. We were very happy to be out of that place, didn't feel like it was safe to have a child in those moldy conditions. You get what you pay for, actually, you couldn't pay me to stay here again. I wonder about the reviewers here that had wonderful experiences. I really can't believe that anyone would give either the Poipu house or the Kalaheo cottages a positive review.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank k1w1Vancouver
Reviewed 5 February 2009

I stayed in the Poipu guest house, and our room (the Master suite) was wonderful. The suite was huge - with private bath, lanai, kitchen, huge bedroom, breakfast nook. The price was amazing for all this just blocks from the beach. You couldn't even get a dumpy hotel room for this price! My mother stayed in the "queen suite" which was also a great value for a private bedroom, living room and private lanai. The house was gorgeous with a very nice, large, landscaped yard.

I can't say enough good things about Classic Cottages. The owner was very nice, casual, and easy to get ahold of by cell phone. He provides snorkle equipment to borrow, as well as golf clubs, beach mats, etc...Kitchens are fully stocked with dishes, pans, etc... When I return to Kauai I will be staying here from now on!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank HeadingEverywhere
Reviewed 27 January 2009

We loved our stay at Classic Cottages - clean, comfortable and within our budget. Kitchen was well appointed - making beach 'n' travel lunches worked great. Loved the sounds of birds, breezes through the tees. Convenient short drive to Koloa, Poipu Beach, Hanapepe and Waimea. Our host Chris took care of our every request and gave us great tips for restaurants, events and shops.

Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Mendl-Belle
Reviewed 16 November 2008

The cottages were charming--snuggled in the trees with lots of birds and plants. Each cottage had cooking facilities (a plus for trying to manage health and food issues) and were geared to families. We stayed six nights. Everything was clean and comfortable and unbelievably affordable (a great find for anyone on a serious budget). Located approx 8 miles from Poipu, the cottages gave easy access to explore either direction around the island. During our adventures, we managed to put 400+ miles on the rental car and covered most of the island, including driving west up Waimea Canyon and north to Princeville for horseback riding.

Our host was friendly, had sports equipment for use by guests for golf, tennis, snorkeling, beach umbrellas, chairs and mats and he shared lots of great tips on how to find the places we were looking for, eating places, sights to see, etc. We feel like family now after sharing some great stories. If you want posh and pampering, you'll have to do the resorts and the cost will be significantly more. But if you want someplace comfortable and inexpensive to come back to after a day of adventuring, this is such a place. We loved its homey, family feel and any future trips to Kauai will definitely include a stay at Classic Vacation Cottages.

Note: There was no air conditioning, in our cottage, but with the shade of the trees and vegetation and with a few fans, we didn't miss the a/c. And you may be shocked to find a place that still deals in cash or checks. I felt this information should be mentioned, but it did not in any way detract from an excellent overall experience. Mahalo!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank ps_webfoot
Reviewed 15 November 2008

Our stay was a dream! Equipped with full kitchen, large master bedroom, hot tub, dining room, living room, and a spacious balcony where you can just enjoy the beautiful scenery. Location was right in the middle of three beaches where my husband and I would take our walks to the beach to see the sunset every evening. The owner is one of the nicest guy we've ever met! There's even snorkel gear, boogie boards, tennis rackets, you name it! This is my second time in Hawaii, and I am definately coming back to Classic Vacation Cottage and I would recommend this to my friends and family!

1  Thank Sophy1121