I wrote an earlier review titled "not as advertised". However the resort management reached out to me and did everything possible to make things right. They were very professional, understanding and helpful. And they did provide a form of accommodation that I found very fair and appropriate.
So kudos to a company that makes customer service and satisfaction a priority. Gordon
We enjoyed our week here very much. The place is mainly just like the photos show, so I'll just add the details we discovered only after arriving:
- The kitchen is well equipped, but the kitchen air ventilation system simply doesn't work. So if you want to do any serious cooking, it's actually better to use the grill on the terrace.
- The terrace is excellent for enjoying the sunset, but until early evening there isn't any sun to be had there. If you want to tan, you'll have to go down to the hotel pool or beach and get it there. There's an elevator between the beach and the cliff on which the apartment is located, so it's a fairly easy walk.
- There are a lot of hens and roosters walking around, so expect to be serenaded very early in the mornings. One of
the neighbors to this apartment even has a pet rooster living with them, and he is particularly loud.
- The resort fee of just over 100 US dollars added to the rental fee seems to be mandatory. To us, who didn't really use the facilities there, that was pretty much a waste of money.
- We had a late flight when leaving Kauai, so we needed a place to keep our things between 10 AM (check-out) and 8PM (flight). I e-mailed the property manager about this, but received no reply at all. (It was the only contact I attempted with them except the payment process when I booked the place. Up until the moment I paid, they were very quick to reply.) We ended up tipping someone at the Marriott very well to store our luggage for the day, although they said they would not normally do this.
- The apartment should have been cleaned for us, but the floor was very dirty when we arrived. Spending the first hour cleaning the floor is not the welcome we were hoping for. On the plus side, there were plenty of cleaning devices, soap and all that available, so we had everything we needed for that.
- To enter the apartment you have to walk down two fairly steep stairs.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|