3,201 results
All reviews kauai grill butler service makana terrace st regis pacific dream photography four seasons junior suite our honeymoon green marble champagne sabering pool beach lobby bar turn down service pool staff breakfast buffet an ocean view room grand hyatt
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We had an excellent experience at the hotel. Staff was very pleasant. Hotel grounds were beautiful. The rooms... amazing. We had a mountain/beach view room which is not a frontal beach view, but what you do get is a lanai! Awesome. We could leave the sliding doors open and let the fresh air in. The rooms are big and there is a BIG soaking tub in the bathroom plus a surprise view.

Just one disadvantage. You have to drive to go anywhere. Nothing is walking distance.

Room tip: If you don't get a beach view, get one with a lanai. It will make-up for it.
1  Thank LongBeachJack
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We have just returned from five nights at St Regis and had a wonderful stay. The location is simply stunning, and eating breakfast with that amazing view across Hanalei Bay is what I'm missing most about our trip! Staff were very pleasant and particularly good with our kids aged 6 and 9. We booked the lowest cost "mountain view" room, and it also had a truly stunning view across the mountains. Food was expensive, which is often the case in fancy resorts, but if you hire a car at Lihue airport ,there are many other eating options at Princeville centre, Hanalei or the Westin nearby - very good Mexican and Chinese/Thai takeaway at Princeville shopping centre. The only small complaint is that staff mixed up our room service order two times - although we did end up with a gorgeous free fruit platter! The pool ans spa are open 24 hours da y, which is fun for night time swims. we also joined in the evening marsmallow toasting on the beach organised by the resort.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sydneymum09
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We have been visiting the Hawaiian Islands for 30 years. Although we had visited this hotel for a few hours during past vacations, this was our first time actually staying there. The setting and common rooms are magnificent, and our room had the best view we have ever had in any hotel. We travel often so this is a high compliment. The bed was very comfortable ( I have a bad back) and there was no shortage of space and comfortable sitting areas. Service was exceptional, everyone went out of there way to make our stay there memorable and to make us feel special. Everyone we encountered..... the pool staff, parking attendants, and servers were wonderful. Although everyone was exceptionable, a couple of people stand out above the others. Junedale, who checked us in at reception and Irwin, one of the bellmen.......rose above all others and we will always remember their kindness and great service. I would not hesitate to recommend a stay at this St Regis and we will definitely return during our next visit to Kauai.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

The hotel is just gorgeous and the location is just amazing. We love our room - absolute wonderful and spacious. The staff were great and the CONCIERGE supervisor, Shantel Thornton, was the best. She and her team reached out to me before I left for the vacation. When we arrived, everything was taken care of - just as I requested. Food at the hotel, by the pool or the famous Kauai Grill, was just top notch! I will definitely return.

Date of stay: October 2011
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel blew me away as soon as I stepped out of my car and was presented with a lei. The check-in process was relaxing (you get to sit!), and they give you a cool drink.

The room was stunning - bright and spacious with an unbelievable view of the ocean.

The beach - what can I say - indescribably beautiful.

The service at the hotel was impeccable - the front desk, the Lounge, Makena Terrace, the Concierge, and the bell staff.

Check-out is at noon, but when I asked for a complimentary late check-out, they gave me until 4.

Given the chance, I will definitely come back and stay here. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. It's featured in the movie "The Descendants" and it doesn't do it justice!

Date of stay: December 2011