St. Regis Princeville Resort
US$488
US$359
US$263
  • Pool
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas(Princeville)
Ali'i Kai Resort(Princeville)
CheapTickets
Wyndham Shearwater(Princeville)
Wyndham Ka 'Eo Kai(Princeville)
3,029 results
All reviewskauai grillbutler servicemakana terracepacific dream photographyfour seasonsjunior suitepool beachour honeymoongreen marblechampagne saberinglobby barturn down servicean ocean view roomgrand hyatthotel is beautifulsushiamazing location
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We really loved our stay at the St. Regis, from the moment we drove up. The concierge asked to take a welcome picture of us on my phone when arrived and put lei's on and thought that was a really nice touch, since we now have this awesome photo and didn't have to feel awkward asking someone to take it for us. The staff was really interesting because we had really exceptional service and really terrible service and nothing in the middle. Majority of staff really made a point to congratulate our honeymoon and make us feel special, which we also thought was a really nice touch.

The team that works the towel/chair setup at the pool was great! Pool view is beyond anything I could ever want. I dream of this view now that I am back home!

If management is reading this, special thanks to Mike (server at the pool/beach believe he was from Oklahoma?) who really gave exceptional service the days we were lucky enough to have picked a chair in his section. There was another server at the pool (omitting name) who we had on the other days, who was quite the opposite. When we finally flagged her down for drink/food orders she would try and up-sell us each time. I understand up-selling is part of the job, but at $16 a drink I'm not worried about $3 to make it a double, so asking me every single time ordered a drink or food was overkill and annoying. We wish we had Mike every day, he was definitely the epitome of St. Regis customer service.

I would say that Makana Terrace for breakfast was awesome. The coconut french toast was my favorite breakfast the entire trip. The dinner we had there was okay, since the food was good, ambiance was excellent, but obviously the price is high and we had terrible service. Our server also gave me the wrong meal so my husband ate first and then was finished by the time my dinner arrived. The whole mix up really ruined our dinner.

Overall, it's a gorgeous property, rooms are a bit dated but clean and very comfortable, service is both really really great and really bad (ha), food was tasty, prices high but worth it, location awesome, so in the end we were happy we picked this hotel for our honeymoon.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed 15 May 2018

From start to finish, our trip has been a dream. We were at the Princeville St. Regis 6 years ago for our honeymoon and were psyched to return with our two daughters, ages 3 and 5 in tow. We were greeted by the Front Desk Manager, Adriana Regan, who is kindness personified. Adriana found us awesome rooms and provided the girls with toys and coloring books. The folks at the pool made sure we had great chairs that were perfectly arranged and poolside service was abundant. Also enjoyed the morning buffet (Kaylen H was our server and he is the man) in addition to fun nights at the bar with great music and a well thought out keiki menu for the girls.

Also *loved* working with the concierge, Hennie - she wasn't able to score a lei in time for Mother's Day for my wife, so her husband made one. For us. From their tree at their home. I was honestly moved to tears...

Yet another highlight for us was the family photo shoot - Pacific Dream Photography's Erica met us by the beach at 7:15 on Mother's Day and took an amazing series of photos and video clips. They were edited to perfection (we had a sit down the following day to review the pics in detail) and we were floored by the quality. We'd gladly make the trip back every year to cover our family Xmas needs. Be sure to ask for Erica, you will not be disappointed.

Can't wait to return next year!

Room Tip: All views rock.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Matthew L
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

First rate hotel with fantastic location. Despite epic rains, Princeville was fine and Hanalei was recovering. Setting is unbelievable and St. Regis was designed to take full advantage whether at breakfast, at the beach, cocktails, or in room. We had a Mountain View room which, from the fully furnished lanai, included a partial view of the bay. Room was large, comfortable, and very quiet. Service was impeccable and very friendly. Yes, it is expensive but you will rarely find a setting like this!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NYCVISIT
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here ten years ago, before they renovated. I haven’t been able to see any changes in the rooms or hotel since the reno. The rooms are adequate, but the staff are friendly and accommodating. It’s a fairly well laid out resort with good amenities, probably well suited for a family vacation

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Rona_kami
Reviewed 7 May 2018

My husband and I went to celebrate our anniversary, and overall had a very nice stay and would return. A few thoughts from our trip:

Service - We had very good service overall from the front desk to pool to restaurant. Special shout out to the concierge for being super knowledgeable and helping us plan some hikes and dinners. They also got us another room so we could have a late check out, which I really appreciated.

Rooms - As many others have mentioned rooms could use some updating, but nothing was terrible per se. I do wish the rooms had balconies, that's something in the design of the property that I was missing with the amazing view, but I suppose that can't be changed.

Food - We only ate breakfast at the hotel as our SPG Platinum amenity, but it was good quality, good variety, and nice setting. The 2 dinner options were very pricey and several friends had mentioned not worth the money. There are two restaurants within walking distance of the hotel that are much more casual and reasonably priced: Happy Talk Lounge (fun little joint with live music - take the back route and it's 10min walk from hotel) and Hideaways Pizza Pub. Hanalei is also a short drive with some good spots there - recommend Tahiti Nui for drinks and Bar Acuda.

Activities/Parking - This was probably where I felt the resort lacked compared to some of the Four Seasons on the other islands. Snorkling, stand up paddle boarding, everything was extra whereas at the FS on other island that stuff and even more including tennis is all complimentary. When you are paying St. Regis rates that stuff should be included. Valet was $30+/day on top of the resort fee with no option for self park, but the valet staff was efficient.

Pool/beach - These were nice but not great and crowded - very loud with a lot of kids running around and many visitors from the Westin at the beach (since that property doesn't have one).

Location - The location is both its biggest asset and also some times a slight challenge. The views are amazing, I could spend all day at the hotel looking around at the scenery. That being said it is a bit of a drive to most activities (Waimea Canyon, Poipu beach for scuba and snorkling, helicopter tours) so if you want to be very active you will have to spend a lot of time driving.

SPG recognition - This was also a bit disappointing as my husband and I were here for our 5 year anniversary as an SPG Ambassador member. I do understand that almost everyone is celebrating something special here, but I'd be surprised if all of those people were also Ambassador level members - other than the standard welcome packet of postcards nothing special.

Room Tip: Higher floor further away from pool
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple