Truly I'd like to tell you that this place doesn't live up to the hype and that you should stay away. How else am I supposed to preserve the peace and quiet of this spectacular hotel?
We stayed at the Lodge for the first time about 2 years ago, and the visit was so relaxing that we declared we would absolutely return if given the chance. This time around we arranged for a six-night stay in a Koele Deluxe room. Our balcony provided views of the landscaped gardens, lawn bowling facilities, and swimming pool and our room provided a secluded retreat from the rigors of modern life. Everything at the hotel, and on Lanai in general, moves at a slower pace, but when you settle in and take a deep breath, it won't bother you.
Much has been said about the rooms and the public spaces of the hotel, so I won't go into extraordinary detail, except to say that the Terrace Dining Room is a beautiful place to enjoy a leisurely breakfast.
The swimming pool is small, but a pleasant place to spend an afternoon. An attendant will set up your chair and provide food and drinks from the Lodge if you request it. Hourly snacks are complimentary. For a true beach/pool experience, you'll need to take the 20-minute shuttle ride to Manele Bay.
There is a game room with shuffleboard, foosball, and billiards as well as a bar that serves snacks and drinks. High tea is available most days around 3:00.
In general, the staff is eager to please, but as others have mentioned, some of the front desk workers aren't up to the high standard of the hotel.
If you have a Platinum American Express card, be sure to take advantage of the FHR benefits. The breakfast inclusion in particular is worthwhile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is currently closed and is undergoing an exciting renovation program. We look forward to sharing details on our project and opening date in the future. Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele is the essence of unexpected Hawaii. Set in the verdant upcountry, The Lodge is reminiscent of a country manor, surrounded by towering pines and offering estate activities such as championship golf, horseback riding and clay shooting. Residential style accommodations are surrounded by manicured gardens. The wrap-around verandah is ideal for relaxing, while inside, guests can sit fireside for afternoon tea or delight in live nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele
- Four Seasons Resort Lana`i, The Lodge At Koele Hotel Lanai City
- Four Seasons Koele
- Four Seasons Lanai City
- Lanai City Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge At Koele Lanai, Hawaii