“Very good”
Review of Ae's Thai Kitchen

Ae's Thai Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Hana
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Generous portions of all four dishes. We had coconut crusted mahi, red snapper panang curry, tofu panang, and cashew chicken. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the extra special salad. We had enough rice to stir fry it with our eggs the next morning.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

A food truck? Yes, it was fantastic. We ate there twice. Only twice because there was other yummy places to eat.
Fresh. They had a diverse menu. As a vegetarian there was plenty of delicious options.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We stopped in here after taking a 2 hour ride atv ride at Maui Off Road Adventures at Hana Ranch, which was awesome, but the guys suggested the Thai food so Ae's it was. I think all 4 of us had pad thai with a different protein, and all 4 of us loved our meal. They were crazy busy that day, I think even they were a little surprised by how busy they were, so it did take a while to get our food as everything is made fresh, but we just figured if we had to wait, where better to wait then in paradise right???

The cashier lady had her maybe 3 year old daughter with her who was imitating her and was about the cutest little kid you ever seen, but some of the people acted put off by her--not sure whats wrong with some people

After we finished eating, I thought what the heck, I'm gonna thank the poor lady working her tail off cooking because my food was that good and there was an open window to the kitchen part of the truck so I lean in and wait until she look my way and tell her I just want to thank her for some good foods, she stops what she doing, comes over tells me her name was Krunchy (I think that what she told me been few days now) and we talk for about 10 minutes while all the people that was all grouchy about the little kid just get grouchier You know what though, I didn't even care, I think Krunchy was genuine happy I take the time to thank her and acknowledge her working so hard and she was pretty cool lady too!!! Honestly, I would make the trip back to Hana just to go back and make the grouchy people grouchier again while I talk to the people who have beautiful mana about them--I think they messed up when they named Hana, it should have been named Mana

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I'm a thai food fanatic and was delighted to find good thai food in Hana. The coconut encrusted fish on papaya salad was very good. We love pad see ew in general but found this one a bit too sweet. However, the price is right & we loved the service & the low key environment. so it's recommended! no bathroom on site :-(

Reviewed 20 December 2017

With the limited food options in Hana, what a treat it was to find Ae's on a chilly night before we set up our tent for camping.
This seems to be a spot where locals hang out, so it was great to see some community around after being surrounded by tourists for much of the rest of the Hana trip.
We had the pad thai with tofu- perfectly cooked thick noodles and delicious, hearty sauce. It was a good, homey meal for the cold night.
We also tried the coconut-encrusted mahi with rice and papaya salad. Out of all the coconut-encrusted stuff we tried on Maui, this was the best - crunchy, great balance of sweet and salty. The papaya salad was also yummy.
Best of all, they layered our to-go container with foil, so the food was still piping hot by the time we made it back to Waianapanapa, finished setting up our tent, and sat down to eat.