“Hana Eatery”
Review of Troy's Plate Lunch

Troy's Plate Lunch
Ranked #24 of 35 Restaurants in Hana
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Out in the middle of Hana travels, here is a local food plate lunch eatery. Rice and meat platesare excellent. Fresh pineapple, too!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We ended up here because the popular and high Yelp-rated Braddah Hut's was closed... On a Saturday.

LOCATION:
Koki Beach. Look for the small hut with the neon "open" sign.

ATMOSPHERE:
The open-air hut has a gravel/dirt floor. The food is served out of hot trays on one side with table seating for about 15 on the other side, along with a separate gazebo off to the side which can seat about 6 comfortably. The ambiance is very relaxing and peaceful. Very clean and no insect problem.

MENU:
Chicken, pork, shrimp, fish.

FOOD:
BBQ Pork - $10 bought me a nice portion of tender pork. The pork wasn't seasoned much and relied mainly on the drizzled-over BBQ sauce for flavor, something I'm not a fan of. I like barbecued meats that are marinated. The single scoop of rice was a little mushy which is better than dried out, and the macaroni-pea salad was a bit thin and runny; not the best I've had but definitely not the worst either.

RESERVATIONS:
Definitely not taken as it's a food stand with seating.

SERVICE:
The owner Troy was very friendly, welcoming, and professional. He was serving and cashing. Ditto for the the lady working with him, I'm assuming is his wife.

TIP:
Cash only.

OVERALL:
Decent food, good portion sizes, nice ambiance, great service.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Along the road to Hana were signs for Troy's and we figured we'd try it out. We were hungry and thirsty. We followed the signs until we came to a fork in the road where there was no sign and found ourselves along the harbor. We called Troy's to ask where they're located and they told us (about 5 minutes away.) Nothing fancy, but Troy and his wife, and the food are pretty special! There were five of us and we each tried something different. All dishes were good, and very reasonably priced. Huge servings. We suggested a sign at the fork in the road because I bet they're missing a lot of (tourism) business because there's no sign at the fork. I believe they're open only Saturdays and Sundays, from 10 to 10.

1  Thank LuvsCaptiva