“Friendly service”

Up in Smoke
Ranked #19 of 35 Restaurants in Hana
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

So the host was a nice guy. I went for the fish taco. ""But", the fish was more shredded than chunky. Like canned tuna might look if it was white. It was Ono, a fav of mine. So I went for one of the non sweet hot sauces available. I would give it a seven or eight. The other two of us had hot dogs. . They looked and smelled so good, I went back and ordered a Chili Dog. With yellow mustard. Now that was great.
I should have had two at the beginning. We almost stopped on the way back.
Plenty of simple seating, there is a plate lunch lady next space over, with nicer seating. But all the choices started at 12.00. And there is spot at the far right that had BBQ rib plates going. That looked super..
Great choices...
This will be our meal stop on the road to Hana.
There was a little gift shop to the left of this space.
The whole stop is like a camp, tent to tent. But very inviting...we ll be back.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Perfectly placed close to Hana and a welcome stop after a morning of driving and sight seeing. The food was pretty good and we were served quickly by happy people so we left satisfied that we got good value for money in all respects.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

One of the only places to stop and eat on the Road to Hana. Okay food I guess. Out of options they still had in the menu which was disappointing. Small portions. Staff didn't seem too thrilled to be serving us. Bathrooms for this group of food trucks were so disgusting it almost made me vomit.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We stopped here on our way to Hana. Pleasant place to sit. Great portion sizes. DH and I were both not impressed, however, by the pork taco in the large flour tortilla. Pretty bland. We found ourselves jealous of our neighbors who were raving over Thai. Definitely not a bad choice, but I wouldn't go there again or necessarily recommend as a must stop. The prices were great.

Reviewed 24 December 2016

Love the local feel to this place. Excellent food at a reasonable cost. We got the fish tacos which were nice and mild. Don't forget to try the warm coconut flakes!