“Good food served hot”

Island Chef
Ranked #16 of 35 Restaurants in Hana
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

The food here is all made to order, and portions are generous and reasonably priced. It's a great lunch stop for traveling the Hana highway.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

If you drive the road to Hana you must eat here! The combo plate with fish and chips and coconut shrimp was delicious and big enough for two to share. We liked it so much we ordered the chicken kung pao ( fantastic) and the ginger shrimp ( not enough ginger taste) to go. Service was with a smile. The cook is great and you can tell they love what they do.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I’m not a big fan of coconut shrimp because there is always too much batter and very little shrimps. We came here to get a drink before heading home and thought we’d have a snack and try the coconut shrimp- cause the hubby loves coconuts!
Hands down, this is the best coconut shrimp I’ve ever had in my life! I eat shrimp all the time and I’ve never had it cooked so perfectly and barely any batter, and crispy! The taste of the coconut was so fresh, like it was just shaved, I’m salivating thinking about it.
This is a must stop on your way to Hana or leaving Hana. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Mahalo

Reviewed 30 October 2017

The Island Chef was awesome! The food was great and pretty cooked to perfection, especially the Coconut Shrimp and Seared Ahi. The flavors were perfect together with the fresh fruits. I still think about it up to this day because nothing is close to comparison ever since. Looking forward to visiting again on our next trip to Maui.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stopped on our way back down to Paia. The coconut shrimp was so good, so much coconut, very little "breading" and cooked to perfection. It was $20 for 5 big shrimp and fries...I didn't touch the fries because I was stuffed from the shrimp. It took about 20 minutes for the food to come out, so be prepared to wait.