Free cancellation until 19/07
US$309
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort(Wailea)
US$704
galahotels.com
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

Joe's was a great place to stay when you need an extra day in Hana. It was clean, and very reasonably priced. It was definitely a family style hostel, with some private rooms, but a shared bathroom. Great location near the end of the road to Hana.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jpmaui2020
Reviewed 29 December 2015

The rooms are decent and Ed gave us pointers on places to get dinner. I felt this was the most reasonable option in Hana. The toilet was also clean. The property is a bit old but still great. I would recommend

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tankz
Reviewed 21 November 2015

We visited Maui and planned for an overnight stay at Hana. We could not find any hotel for our overnight stay on such a short notice. Joe's place was the only option left for us. The place is very old. They have tried to maintain the room which is good. The bathroom was ok. Do not use kitchen there. Its very old and all the appliances are outdated. The place is very cheap when compared to other places in Hana which are way too expensive. Considering they stay for just a night, its not a very bad option.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

I came to visit friends in Hana and was on a budget and Joe's seemed to be the only cheap option I could find. When I checked into my room on the first floor there were about 50-60 bugs on the walls and ceiling. The manager said it was from the ginger tree next to the window. I requested to be moved and so he moved me to a room upstairs. This new room only had a few bugs, which I expected because it is the tropics so I understand that there are going to be bugs anywhere. I killed as many as I could and fell asleep. The next nights were the same, I'd come back, kill some bugs, then fall asleep. Every night I came home to at least 1 huge cockroach, which I'm terrified by. My last night there was a gigantic cockroach in my room and I kept trying to kill it but it kept getting away. I also had a trail of ants coming into my room from the window, and I didn't have any open food anywhere in the room to attract the bugs. In a desperate state, I called the manager at 9 pm asking for bug spray and he yelled at me saying he was sleeping and we are in the tropics so there will be bugs. Very rude. I suggest putting bug spray in each room since bugs are clearly a big problem here.

When I woke up on my last day there were so many ants all over the room and bed that I had to run around the room packing my stuff as quickly as possible to get out of there and not spend any more time there than absolutely necessary. It was horrific. (Again, no open food.)

One of the windows in my room had absolutely no filter so bugs could come and go as they pleased. And the other window had a broken filter, so that wasn't much better.

The whole place is very dirty and old. Very run down and not well kept up. It could be drastically improved with just a few changes. I didn't even bother spending any time in the living room or kitchen because they are so nasty I couldn't bare looking at the filth, much less cook, eat, or hang out in that area.

I would never stay here again. I wish I had splurged on one of the nicer hotels or even a b&b. This place is really disgusting. Such a shame because it's a great location in a great town. Hana is incredible, but Joe's Place is terrible.

By far the grossest hotel/hostel I've ever been in.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Madmarz11
Reviewed 17 September 2015

Resident Manager was great. Room was clean. Hana is/was very humid. The room came with a ceiling fan that didn't do much good. The window screens were torn and several glass louvers were missing. The community fridge smelled like fish. There is a community family room with a television but we didn't use it. Not sure if I would stay there again. I would try to find a place with air conditioning but from what I have found, there are only 3 places in Hana that come with a/c. These places are $200+ per night with a 2 or 3 night minimum stay. Not even the Hotel Hana Maui has a/c.

Room Tip: If you decided to stay here, book the 1 room with a bathroom and shower. All other rooms use a community bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family