Ways to Experience Holo Holo Maui Tours
from US$209.99
More Info
from US$223.34
More Info
All reviews banana bread hana tour road to hana hawaiian culture vegan ice cream cruise ship iao valley the black sand beach beautiful island stopped for lunch wealth of information personal tour the aloha spirit west side highly recommend this tour food truck island history
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2021

First time back to Maui after COVID-19 began and Holo Holo Maui tours (especially Gus) gave us a wonderful experience seeing the Haleakala Summit. Everything from booking the tour to tour completion, Jasmine and Gus were attentive and thorough about giving us the best experience possible. Despite the poor weather, we still had a great time. We didn't quite see anything on the Haleakala summit because of the thick clouds and freezing rain, but Gus made sure we still had a great time by showing us other places on Maui. We would definitely choose them again and recommended to our friends and family as well.

Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

I was remiss in planning our Maui adventures this year and forgot to schedule a day to explore Hana. Realizing that our holiday was moving all too quickly, I read the overwhelmingly positive reviews for Holo Holo and texted Jasmine to inquire about booking a private trip for my boyfriend and I...the next day.

They were able to accommodate us (!!) and we set out with her husband Gus for a halfway to Hana tour the following day.

Gus was engaging and phenomenally knowledgeable. He showed us his favorite spots along the way, sharing island history and personal anecdotes as we went.
We were thrilled not to do the driving, felt safe having a tour that was JUST US and really glad that we picked Holo Holo to take us to Hana.

Would highly recommend them for their excellent communication, clear itinerary in advance of our adventure, knowledge of the island and sheer entertainment factor - Gus was a joy to spend the day with and we have beautiful memories thanks to him.

Reviewed 19 February 2021

Our tour with Gus was over the top amazing! Gus stopped at places we would surely miss if we drove on our own. The rainbow trees were spectacular and he even took the time to take a panoramic photo for us. Gus was super friendly and incredibly knowledgeable of the history, culture, and environment of this part of Maui. We stopped at Sandy's for banana bread....Gus bought the first loaf, it was so good my friend and I each bought 3 more and took them home to San Diego!

Reviewed 9 February 2021

What an amazing trip to Maui! I did a solo trip to Maui in December and visited both Hana (w/ Bamboo forest) + Haleakala with Holo Holo's owner, Jasmine, and it was an incredible experience! There's honestly no other way to visit Maui than to start your trip with Holo Holo. Maui and Hawaii as a whole, has such rich history and culture, and YES we love the beautiful beaches and waters, but there's so much more to the island than that. Doing Hana and Haleakala with Jasmine was literally like exploring Maui with a local -- Jasmine introduced me to the foods, the species, the waters (waterfalls, ocean, etc), the land, and she gave me so many great recommendations from a locals' perspective to take with me on the rest of my journey.

Jasmine does a PHENOMENAL job giving you an experience that touches your five senses as you explore the geography, varying climates, music, etc etc. I was left completely blown away, and it gave me a different lens to explore the rest of the island with! As someone who has traveled to 40+ countries, I gotta say that Holo Holo does it exceptionally well. I felt just like family and will definitely be back in the future!

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 19 January 2021 via mobile

My wife and I visited Maui in mid January for 9 days. On 3 of those days we were fortunate enough to have Jasmine and Gus, the husband and wife team who run Holo Holo Tours as our guides. We went twice with Jasmine- Haleakala at sunset and the IAO Valley- and once with Gus on a Taste of Hana Adventure. Jasmine, a native Hawaiian, was an enthusiastic historian and story teller, interspersing her conversation with samples of her favorite Hawaiian music. Gus, a long time resident of Hawaii and an avid surfer, was equally enthusiastic and informative. We were picked up promptly on time and treated like royalty. By the end of our 3 tours they felt like family. We had a magical time in Maui.

Date of experience: January 2021