Ways to Experience Holo Holo Maui Tours
from US$209.99
More Info
from US$223.34
More Info
All reviews banana bread hana tour road to hana hawaiian culture vegan ice cream cruise ship iao valley the black sand beach beautiful island stopped for lunch wealth of information personal tour the aloha spirit west side highly recommend this tour food truck island history
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed our Hana Bound tour a few weeks ago with Dayne! Dayne was an amazing tour guide. He has so much knowledge about the island and the Road to Hana. We enjoyed listening to his stories and felt safe and comfortable during the entire ride. He knew the best locations to stop at, and always offered to take pictures of my husband and I, which I appreciated. The food truck he took us to for lunch was literally one of our favorite meals on the island. We would definitely recommend Dayne and Holo Holo Tours to anyone looking for a private Road to Hana tour!

Reviewed 13 August 2021 via mobile

We toured with Dean and he was great! He shared so much information about the area and its history, and some tourist tips as well. Definitely a highlight of our trip and we would highly recommend the tour and Dean!

Reviewed 10 August 2021

We took a fantastic Bamboo Forest Trek with Dayne - can not recommend this company highly enough! Dayne picked us up from where we were staying in West Maui, took us through Upcountry Maui along the south side of the island to the Hakeakala National Park. He accompanied us all the way to the Waimoku Falls, through the bamboo forest, regaling us with stories of his childhood growing up on Maui, Hawaiian history and culture, and Maui recommendations (especially about food!). He looked after us the entire trip, and kept us constantly entertained; we were ma'a from the moment we met him. We learned so much, and had experiences we will never forget. Mahalo Holo Holo!

Reviewed 6 August 2021 via mobile

We had a group of 12 people and did the Road to Hana tour and every single person had an absolutely amazing time. We went for my husband’s 40th birthday and had a group of 6 couples. I initially spoke to Jasmine on the phone when I was inquiring about and later booking the excursion. She was so incredibly friendly and informative. She answered all my questions very thoroughly and was very patient with addressing all my questions and concerns . She went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and excited about our upcoming trip. The trip itself was also amazing. Gus was our tour guide and he was so incredibly knowledgeable about the history of the island. He showed us so many unique plants, trees and flowers along the way to our main destination. The waterfalls, bamboo forest, black sand beach and look out points were all beautiful. The locations for food and snacks that he picked were amazing. He was also so organized and and thought things through so well that we felt we didn’t waste a minute of our time. He was there to take pictures and help us in anyway that he could. The road to Hana on its own is so amazing but everyone agreed that Gus was the one that made the trip truly memorable. He was constantly looking for ways to make our trip better. Words can’t describe it but I can’t recommend them enough! Road to Hana is a long all day somewhat tiring experience but he made it wonderful. It’s an excursion that you must do in Maui. This was our 2nd time doing Road to Hana and we saw so many new things this time around thanks to our guide. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed 5 August 2021

We did a private Iao Valley visit with Jasmine as a guide and it was enriching. Jasmine is local--we passed by places her mom enjoyed as a kid and the spots where Jasmine used to have her birthday parties--and so was full of insight into the culture, not just past but present. Our time in the Iao Valley park was especially beautiful, learning about the intentionality that one should show to respect the land, and having the pleasure of swimming in the river. My partner and I quoted Jasmine all week after--she helped us see everything from mountains to myna birds in a different light. (Only tip: make sure you read Holo Holo's description of the tour and book with them; third party websites don't give the most accurate overview.)

Date of experience: July 2021