US$153
US$149
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

US$178
US$570
US$485
Hotels.com
Priceline
All reviewsgrocery storecondo complexproperty managerlarge poolwithin walking distancethe kitchenthe ground floorentire complexeach eveningliving roomquiet at nightshuffle boardsouth kiheievery morningwatch the sunsetkihei areacoffee maker
Reviewed 31 March 2016

Well I just don't know how to write this review. My family absolutely love this condo resort. We have been returning here for well over 30 years. Last year I made the decision to have our whole family come together for a month vacation. For the young children and the older children to play together and the parents to relax and enjoy a break. For all of us to play in the pool and watch the young one learn to swim as their parents did years ago.
I know I am being long winded but you have to know Waiohuli is a place that calls us back every couple of years. Our children have grown up coming to this condo complex when the manager put on hot dog roasts on Saturday nights and the parents could have time to themselves to visit with other renters. Now the only thing that happens is notes on your door if you leave your sandy boogey board on the top of the steps near your condo door. That is against the rules. If you leave a towel over your patio railing or over a chair on your own space. That is against the rules. If you go to the swimming pool and are a bit to noisy. That is against the rules. If you play catch on the grass in front of your condo. That is against the rules. Hang Christmas lights on your patio at Christmas time. That is against the rules. They patrol the property and look everyday to find people who are breaking the rules. There is a male who is a permanent resident who hides behind a sun shade and whistles at the girls in their swim suits. Is there not a rule about this? He will watch the pool with his binoculars and call and report anything he thinks is against the rules. Is there not a rule about that? I could go on about this but he is not the only person who calls the onsite building manger to have him yell at those breaking the rules.
When other owners come for vacation they make VACATIONERS feel like they should not be there. They say things about how renters/vacationers have their AC going on and off all the time, how their pool etiquette is inappropriate, how their children and babies behave badly or cry in the night and disturb them. They call each other and report/complain about each other's tenants and their behaviour. They call the building manager, Henry, to have him deal with all their complaints. How they allow this man to deal with guests at l'll never know.
I understand he is being harassed by the condo president and the owners on the property, but he has the worst customer service. He accuses, blames and belittles people over the most senseless things. A man was just going into the pool when he (the manager) saw a ball on the deck of the pool. He jumped off his lawn mower and rushed to the pool. Henry accused the man of taking the ball to the pool but it was in fact not his but knew whose it was and offered to take it to them. Unfortunately Henry said, very rude and angrily, 'no balls in the pool' then picked it up told the man he was giving him a bad day and threw the ball in the bush.
If this condo wants to get a great review they better find a manager with what the Hawaiians call ALOHA. Some of the owners should also take a course on how to be gracious hosts not a bunch of grumps.
Or the condo council should decide if they want to be a rental complex. It is not a happy place to holiday, it used to be but not for several years. Henry and the owners have ruined the Aloha that used to be here. I love the place but not the people that run it. What they do is shocking and these are only a few stories I have told you. Have a family, want to enjoy your vacation or have relaxing fun? Then this place is not for you. Hopefully they'll get a new building manager and new board members who want to encourage vacationers to stay there unlike the people now who are bent on ruining your stay. So sad as it used to such a fabulous place.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
14  Thank ninkypoop
Reviewed 8 March 2016

My husband and I were on our overdue honeymoon. We wanted an oceanfront view and comfortable amenities without the crowds of the larger resorts in the area. This condo was EXACTLY what we invisioned.
The condo was exceptionally clean, with full kitchen, comfortable bed and an INCREDIBLE oceanfront view directly in front of our lanai! We enjoyed seeing whales and turtles daily which was even easier to do with the binoculars the owners provide. They also were thoughtful enough to leave boogie boards, beach towels and chairs for their guests.
The property grounds have a beautiful garden, pool, shuffle board, 3 large gas grills, and washers and dryers for condo community use.
Location was ideal to explore several beaches and nearby cities such as Lahaina, Wailea and Paia! Also, only 15-20 min from airport!
The owner was a pleasure to deal with. She gave us many great suggestions regarding things to do and places to eat, etc. Made our stay that much more enjoyable and relaxing!
We highly recommend this condo to the couple who want a romantic getaway on the ocean, yet is close to all the attractions Maui has to offer!
(And just to be clear, this is a CONDO, not a hotel) Aloha!

Room Tip: #unit 227 is on 2nd floor with best views in the complex!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rlg3661
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Waiohule Beach Hale for our family trip this past week and it was so comfortable and such at great experience that we will definitely be back again the next time we visit. It truly felt like a home away from home and we made great use of the kitchens and sofa area and the balcony, as well as the swimming pool and beach in our back yard! The most amazing experience I have had away from home so far. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 12 October 2015

How can you go wrong with Beach front, amazing views from every unit and Basically bran new Weber Grills! The Property manager cleans them daily... in my opinion to much ( If you don't know weber grills have Flavor ,just ignore that comment lol ) and was beyond helpful giving us a few tips for places to get fresh fish, and restaurants.

We are from the Central US and LOVED that the property was smoke free!

The pool was a perfect 85 every day and Crystal Clear! ( I don't EVER go in pools and this one I actually went in once over the 15 days we were there) my son and wife loved the pool daily !

Our condo was the must fully equipped condo we have ever stayed in and would book it again but we need one of the two bedrooms next time :)

The owners were very nice to us even with a year old child which we are were nervous and some by the end even knew him by name!

Room Tip: The second you get there open all the windows the breeze is amazing EVERY DAY ! only used the AC 2 evenings !
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay in unit #227 I used TripAdvisor when choosing and good reviews were indeed all accurate. The owner is very nice and the condo is not only right on the beach but also had everything one could ask for- well equipped as far as living necessities also beach, picnic and snorkeling supplies also included. We were steps from the beautiful relatively secluded beach, the people living in the complex were quiet, it was just what I needed- peace and serenity by the beach. Condo is in walking distance of grocery store and shopping centers. You must try the fish tacos at Coconuts, see Maui Ocean Center and have lunch or dinner at the Seascape Restaurant there. FOOD was outstanding! Old Lahaina Lu'au was awesome. I never even saw the unit manager that others were complaining of. Those complaining about this is not a family place are going to probably complain every where they stay. Common sense should dictate that others may not want to be disturbed by rowdy, loud and uncontrolled children while they are trying to vacation. Parents are responsible for training children how to act in society, you cant just let them run wild and do whatever unless your at your own home ...My child is grown now and I certainly wouldn't have wanted to deal with anyone else's! Right on to the manager for doing his job!...Manager would not even be contacted if parents where doing there job...

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple