“Love the location of Maui Vista”
Review of Maui Vista Resort

Maui Vista Resort
Ranked #20 of 60 Speciality Lodging in Kihei
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Maui Vista is centrally located.You can go to the airport, Paia , Lahaina, Kaanapali, La Perouse Bay all around half an hour. It takes 5 min to Charley Young beach.It's a less crowded beach than Kamaole I,II and III. Foodland is 10-15mins walk away.
We rented 1225 for 10 days.The owners kept the condo well stocked with everything you can think of to ensure our stay was comfortable. From beach tools,IPod dock,CDs,safe, down pillows, WiFi and free long D call to Canada to Ziplock bags and container.
I will definitely come back to Maui Vista when I return to Maui in the future.Just hope that 1225 will be available.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank RossOntario

Reviewed 30 July 2011

We loved our stay at unit 2115! This first floor condo is nicely decorated, very spacious and clean, it has a fully equipped kitchen, AC, TV, and fan both in the living room and bedroom, as well as beach chairs, towels and umbrella. It's located just two blocks away from one of the beaches we enjoyed the most - Charley Young - and S. Kihei Road is great for jogging.
Also, wi-fi internet connection is fast and reliable.

Next time in Maui we would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GabiLuna
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed for 5 night and were VERY satisfied with the condo. It was very clean, very well equipped with everything we needed for both the beach and indoor cooking. The condo is nicely decorated and very comfortable. The beach across the way is just OK but the condo is in a very convenient location for day trips both north and south. The condo grounds are well kept and quiet. High lights > big beach in the south , snorkeling at honolua bay and molokini and sunrise on haleakala.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hikergirl66
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We recently got back from another fun filled Maui vacation! We have been several times but last year we found this unit and it is so perfect for our family of 4, 2 adults and 2 late teens. This condo is totally remodeled with all of the latest trends, beautiful and well appointed kitchen with large wrap around granite bar so everyone can visit while meals are being prepared. Having that 2nd bathroom is so important to us, and both bathrooms were updated...I wish I would have thought to take a picture as they were really done well....lots of designer tile. Beds were very comfortable, and I am picky about my sleep.Great location, walking distance to restaurants, grocery store and coffee bars. The beach just across the street is Charlie Young Beach, great for boogie boarding or just catching some sun. Just a couple of blocks is one of the best beaches on Maui to learn to surf (was a blast!) If you are not in the mood for the beach, the pool is very clean and never crowded.

Room Tip: Great condo for 2 couples or a family.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ksschmaltz
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Let me start off by saying that I have heard great things about the Maui Vista condo. This was my first time staying there. The location was great - very close to all amenities: restaurants, gas stations, ABC stores, right across from the beach etc.
Having said that, I would not recommend unit 1317. I'm fairly sure that not one ounce of this unit has been upgraded/replaced/renovated since the condo was built many years ago.

1317 is basically the closest to South Kihei road which is pretty much one of the busiest roads on the entire island. As I was sleeping on the pull out couch in the living room, I was presented with a night time full of loud motorcycles and jacked-up trucks zooming by at all times during the night. The air conditioner was very loud and rattly however I fixed this by putting the nutcrackers in the opening to minimize the rattling of the inside parts.

Speaking of the pull out couch, the mattress on it was approximately 1 inch thick and you could feel the springs everywhere. Most of the linens in the unit were dirty and we had to wash them ourselves before going to sleep. One of the quilts had a gigantic spill all over it - whoever does the cleaning in the unit defnitely did not check this.

There were a few positives about the unit though. We were provided with beach chairs and 2 umbrellas as well as a cooler to bring to the beach which was very appreciated.

Overall, we did not pay a whole heck of a lot for this condo therefore it was adequate for what we paid for. If you are staying at this resort, I would suggest asking for another unit if this is the one you get assigned to. It would be good if you did not have to put anyone on the pull out couch (i.e. for a couple who would only need one bed). The bedroom is way in the back of the unit and very quiet (or so says my friend).

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends