“Amazing Show & Luau”

Wailele Polynesian Luau
Ranked #7 of 16 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: At Wailele Polynesian Luau dinner show, guests will embark on an exciting journey to the Polynesian Islands where dance was considered not just as a form of entertainment, but as a means of telling stories. Recognized for providing an award-winning experience, the luau is held oceanfront at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa and features dances and songs from old and modern Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand (Maori), Tonga and Samoa. Highlights include the story of Pele (Goddess of Fire), Hi'ilave Hula Awana dedicated to Wailele (meaning waterfalls) and Maui's most extreme fire knife dance finale called "Siva Afi". The unforgettable evening of fun, culture and entertainment is complemented by a traditional dinner served buffer style and selection of beverages.
Reviewed 29 August 2017

My wife and I prepurchased our tickets to his event in advance, as I had heard that it fills up fast! I had also read that this Luau was one of the best in both the show and the food. It did not disappoint--with either! This Luau is held at the Aloha Pavilion at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa on Kaanapali Beach (not actually held on the beach). The settling is beautiful, and the attendance is kept low. There are two types of admission: General, and Premium. Due to the attendance kept at a lower number, it was mentioned that this was one Luau that did not have any "bad seats"; therefore, premium seating was not really necessary. We did buy the Premium seating for this event, and bought early. Those that do buy Premium seating are admitted fifteen minutes earlier than general admission; and we were seated at reserved front row tables--also, these were the tables that went to the buffet food area first. It was correctly stated that there really are no bad seats. Even the back row of tables are not that far back. The food was traditional Hawaiian Luau food, buffet style--chicken, fish (so good), and so on; but we found it to be very, very good!! And the show--our opinion--"Absolutely Fantastic". Beautiful Polynesian costume, great performances, added humor, and the final Fire Dance was awesome. When we left, we knew that we had just attended an amazing show. When you arrive, there is an area set up where pictures are taken for you to purchase. No pressure, but very nice pictures. There are also some local vendors there for you to purchase souvenirs. There are also servers that attend to all of the tables, and will keep the beverages coming, which are also very good.

1  Thank mike6410
"local vendors"
in 4 reviews
"first row"

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We paid extra for premium seating which I think really just allowed us in earlier and with a reserved seat, not sure I would bother with that. Cocktails on arrival and our server kept the drinks coming. The buffet was very good, every aspect of it and Ian normally not a fan of buffets. The fish and chicken were both superb. The entertainment was great, the MC fun and entertaining. The highlight was the fire dancers - spectacular. A fun evening that I would do again.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

The show is absolutely amazing. Beware that this Luau is Polynesian, which means it's not a traditional Hawaiian Luau. Nevertheless, the show is amazing, from the fire dancers to all the other exhibitions. The only problem I had was the food, which is not so good and definitely not lavish as described. You basically have 45 minutes to stuff your plate from the buffet, after that it closes. In short, we almost left hungry, which is a bad sign for a buffet. It is open bar and the cocktails are good. I can only hope that most of the money for the ticket goes to the staff and artists, and not to the hotel for the buffet.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I have been to the "Old Laheina Luau", "Royal Lahaina" and now this Luau the Wailele Polynesian Luau. Last year we went to the Old Lahaina Luau. There are 9 in our group. Ages ranging from 11 to 78 years old. Last year was nice great location very traditional . But there was more talking (story telling) than dancing. I like the dancing the most. I like to see all the islands different dances. I also like to laugh and have fun. While it was beautiful they are very friendly and welcoming it really was not what I personally was looking for. It was also missing the fire dancers. We all enjoyed the show over there. But this year we really wanted to see the Fire Dancers. We booked this Luau months in advance. We purchased the priority seating. Worth every penny. We did not have to wait in any lines. Our table for all 9 comfortably was waiting for us by the stage when we got there. The pace of the Luau was perfect . You walked in got a shell Lei a drink(which was amazing) and was seated. While everyone was arriving you could walk around and shop some local venders.You dd not feel pressure to buy anything. All the venders were very nice. There was a short line to take pictures. Once the show starts they give you a brief idea of what we will being doing. The announcer who was a Chief from fiji was so funny. We could not stop laughing. He showed us how to open a coconut. I have never laugh so much watching someone open a coconut. The Chief was so engaging. The Dancing was beautiful so enjoyable. Then you come to the end of the show the amazing Fire Dancers. I do mean AMAZING. These were by far the best Fire Dancers we have ever seen. I must also add there are 5 . It is not a quick little presentation . This is a actual extensive fire dancing show. The whole show leaves you wanting to come back over and over. the food and drinks are the best I have had at any Luau. First time I have seen everyone in our group actual enjoy it. Drinks were not watered down. The luau dancers were wonderful. You can tell they love what they do it shows.

4  Thank Beverly K