“Great Fish Tacos”

Paia Fish Market Restuarant
Ranked #9 of 290 Restaurants in Lahaina
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My family and I stopped here last week and it didn't disappoint again. We always stop here whenever we're in Maui. We had fish tacos and fish & chips and both were the best that we've had so far on the island.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Every time, this place hits it out of the park.

Great quality, made to order and promptly. Consistency is amazing. Cleanliness applauded. Friendly and helpful team, although I was nicely balled out for bussing my dishes.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We never made it in to eat with 2 small families in tow. But it was our go to place for take out! Kids devoured it and adults too. Fish tacos are amazing. We called in our orders and then went in for pick up!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We stopped in around 2pm in the afternoon, and this place was still busy. My kids decided to forgo the children's menu and ordered the Mahi Mahi. They ate every last bite and were still talking about it days later.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited Paia Fish Market for lunch on a recent trip to Hawaii, based on its long established place in the community and many positive reviews. Alas, our experience did not match its reputation. My ono fish was completely overcooked; the accompanying rice and coleslaw were very plain. My husband’s calamari was excessively coated in batter and the French fries were likewise very plain and tasteless. We had expected better.

Not a criticism per say but an observation: we had expected this to be a ‘nicer’ restaurant with sit down table service and a more comprehensive wine list. On the contrary, it is much more of a ‘fast food’ type of place—orders are placed at the counter and then brought out. There is a very limited wine and beer on tap selection.