Where to start? Pulled up and the valet was dancing and laughing and we immediately felt at home. She was enjoying life and turned out to be extraordinarily helpful, which I found was a common theme with every one of the staff members we encountered. Down to a person they were helpful, courteous, and professional.
This is a condo complex and many of the units are individually owned. We talked for a bit with one of the owners in the lobby and even she was awesome! We ended up in an Ocean View Premium Studio room. Updated stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, and stone tile floors and shower. This unit had a full service kitchen with drawers full of utensils that you'd need to prepare almost any meal. We walked out onto the private Lanai and BAM!, there's the island of Molokai off in the distance. Gorgeous! The complex is extraordinarily (I'll be using this word a lot) clean and quiet. I can't say for sure but it seems to cater to older couples? It's perfectly positioned in relation to both the ocean and nearby restaurants and shops. It's situated right next to The Whaler's Mall which has every conceivable thing you could imagine from GoPro cameras to sunscreen. Need a Rolex? You can get one here. Hop in your car and you're a 2 mile drive from grocery stores, gas stations, more restaurants etc... And the housekeepers? Alice from The Brady Bunch would be jealous! We came in one afternoon and found a handwritten note from the housekeeper wishing us a good day! (Thanks Veronica) They were all very attentive and extraordinarily (there it is again) professional.
This complex is on the south end of Ka'anapali Beach which puts you in a great overall location for the backside drive and the Road to Hana. We're already booking a longer stay in November at this very location and hopefully the same unit will be available. IMHO, you can't go wrong with this place :) Mahalo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. Please be advised of these changes to the daily resort fee at Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach. These changes will go into effect April 1, 2017. - Any new reservations booked for travel April 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017, will be subject to a resort fee of $17.00 plus tax per day. - On June 1, 2017, Daily Amenity Fee increases to $20. This applies to ALL reservations staying through these dates, regardless of when they booked the reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina, HI