“BETTER THE SECOND TIME AROUND”

Sands of Kahana Terrace Restaurant
Ranked #141 of 287 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2018

When I heard we were going here for breakfast, I was annoyed. I live on Maui and my first and last time here, service and food were horrible.

As soon as we arrived, I saw the difference. The place was packed and the menu had greatly changed, including a very nice happy hour menu posted above the bar.

I spoke to the person seating us, forgot his name, and found out that since my last experience here, the place had been sold to the same folks that own Charleys in Paia. I thought Charleys food was mediocre lately, but since they hired a new chef, its great. Sands of Kahana Terrace Restaurant now has a new owner, new chef, new menu, many new things. A very nice open air, covered place, with great views. I am only giving it a 4 rating, because my order, Chicken Fried Steak, was over done, the chicken was too dry, even with the gravy, and the potatoes were not hot. We were on a time crunch, so I did not send it back, the rest of our orders, there were 4 of us, were great, I was told.
They are open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, 7AM-10PM.
Have a "EVERYDAY HAPPY HOUR" from 2-5PM. This I've got to try my next time here. Their flyer says their Happy Hour, features a $5.00 Menu, $3 BUD LIGHT, AND COORS LIGHT DRAFTS.
$4 PACIFICO & BIG WAVE DRAFTS
$1 OFF ALL WELL/CALL/HOUSE WINES.
Prime Rib Night is Thursday, after 5PM, 12oz prime rib, choice of potatoes, veggies and au jus for $26.95.
Restaurant is location oceanfront at The Sands Of Kahana. Give it a try and please rate it, I live on the other side of Maui so I don't get over to this side often, I'll be hoping to read good revues and will stop back again.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Our family stayed at the Sands of Kahanna Resort in January 2018. We ate at the Beach House several times. The happy hour prices are reasonable and the food is very flavorful and fresh and the cocktails and beer selection is very good. I would recommend trying this restaurant if you are in the area.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Convenient but not anything to write home about. Drinks were mediocre and not worth the price. Wish it was as good as the rest of the resort.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We enjoyed our supper at the Beach House Bar & Grill (operates as the restaurant at the Sands of Kahana) and were happy to return to use the "50% off all appetizers" card (one card per customer) given out by concierges at local hotels. But it should say "50% off AN appetizer," or "50% off ONE appetizer," without reference to "ALL" appetizers being 50% off, as a result of which the final bill can be a shock after ordering more than one app.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I read the reviews before going, in spite of swimming pool noise and the music comment I think it is just that the atmosphere is relaxed and happy. The waitress and chief were so friendly and attentive. Two of our group had prime rib and loved it. I had the fish tacos lightly blackened, they were huge and delicious. I was told the fish and chips were very good too. The fresh fruit smoothies were delicious also. Very clean and the sunset was beautiful.