“Best Hidden Jewel we ever found.”
Review of Koa 156°

Koa 156°
Reserve with OpenTable
Koa 156° is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 286 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kaanapali Shores Pl.
Transit: Papalau Street (bus stop)
Description: Koa’s Seaside Grill is now Koa 156º. The outstanding oceanfront view is coupled with an eclectic and delightful new menu that offers fresh local seafood as well as the finest meats and creative vegetarian options, using Hawai’i’s unique ingredients to create dishes that are not only tasteful but also beautifully presented.
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We went to a recommended restaurant and the wait was waaaay too long. So we wondered around and saw this place. Only half hour wait. (we didn't make reservations). Were seated in 15 minutes. The food was out of this world and all 4 of us ordered something different to share. Our waitress was beyond nice and even gave us a drink to try. If we like, we pay, if not, on the house. Well, we ordered 3 more. Same went for dessert. This is when is was Koa's Seaside, (I forgot to post unitl looking at pictures). Not sure if still the same but we will definitely try it again when we go back. We even took a picture of it so we can find it when we come back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,302)

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Integrity... that is what is lacking here. It's not that mistakes are made, it's how they are handled after the fact. Our service was decent and the food was fine, not great, but not poor. It was that a full glass of wine was knocked over and broken, of which 90 percent landed in my lap, on my blouse, my shoes, and in my purse by our waiter. At first he was mortified... and promised everything would be taken care of. My white jeans were covered in red wine as was most everything else. When he came back, he said that they would cover our dinner. I assumed. .. and that's where I went wrong... that meant our whole dinner. Nothing was said about my clothes, my shoes, or my purse. My husband and I awkwardly waited to see if the waiter would close out our dinner, but he avoided our table as he served others. Finally, we asked if we were good and he said yes... they were covering our dinner. Then we asked if they validated for parking and were told to buy a bottle of water at the ABC Store to get validation for parking. So finally... we left, making plans to find a dry cleaner... when the waiter ran us down on the street... saying they were covering dinner, but not the wine! (The wine I was wearing!) We embarrassedly followed him back into the restaurant to pay for the wine. All the while... he was saying "Everyone makes mistakes, it wasn't on purpose." True. But, to then be ridiculed by the hostess for not having a better attitude, for an outfit covered in wine, shoes stained, and a purse stained seemed a little over the top. Integrity... it's not that mistakes are made, it's how they are righted when they are made.

1  Thank Sherry M
Reviewed 8 June 2018

This restaurant has the best views, best sunset views, best fish dishes. Great Service, decent prices, casual yet up-scale. Almost can't find it because it's down a hallway past a Christmas store. There are many restaurants to choose from in Lahaina, but we highly recommend trying this place, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

One of my local favorites, Koa 156 is consistently delicious. I just stopped by with my husband for a sweet oceanside lunch. The short rib grilled cheese was quite a treat! Great service and a creative menu that keeps you coming back for more.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We ate dinner at sunset on the roof deck. While the restaurant itself looks a bit tired, the food and view were very much vibrant and alive. I had the surf and turf. A little apprehensive about Maine lobster in Maui but it tasted fresh and tender. The steak was perfect.

Been to Koa 156°? Share your experiences!