“One of the highlights of our trip to Maui!”
Review of Maui Surfer Girls

Maui Surfer Girls
Ranked #1 of 135 Tours in Lahaina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Maui Surfer Girls offers the best surf lessons and surf camps on Maui. Our surf school caters to small groups, families and newlyweds, with small class sizes and professional instructors (most of whom are female!) We started in 2001 with our summer surf camps for teenage girls, with a mission to build self-confidence through the sport of surfing. We quickly branched out to offer year-round surf lesson to men and women, and kids starting at age 5! Our teen camps have grown to be extremely popular, and in 2017 we are excited to be offering our women's camps year-round. Please check out website for upcoming camp dates. We look forward to sharing the spirit of aloha with you on Maui’s warm waves.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 21 February 2018

My wife and I recently took a trip to Maui to celebrate our 10th anniversary. I have always been very interested in surfing, but never lived anywhere I could actually do it. We decided to do Maui Surfer Girls' Wedding/Anniversary package, and it was fantastic!

Kiki was a great instructor. She not only showed us how to get up on the board and ride a wave, but how to use the flow of the ocean in order to spend more time surfing and less time paddling.

The spot where the lessons are given was great for beginners like us, and was very cool with the mountain views in front and whales jumping in the background.

All in all, I can't recommend Maui Surfer Girls enough - if you're thinking of surfing lessons, you won't go wrong with them!

Elizabethonmaui, Public Relations Manager at Maui Surfer Girls, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Wow! What a great day! We are glad that you had a great time with Kiki and the whales!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)
All reviews
"awesome experience"
in 23 reviews
"rash guard"

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Well I went to Maui with the family and they thought we should all go surfing. I am not as young as I once was, but I was game to try. My kids had been before and assured me this would be fun. We met up with the surfer girls. Our girl was Sharky. lol. He gave great instructions and before you knew it we were in the water. I gave it several goes before I actually road a wave in. Lots of fun even if you are 70. I don't know if I would try surfing again, but hey who knows. I would recommend is company to my friends.

Yay! We are so happy that you your family got you to join them! We definitely hope to see you all out on Maui again soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I had a great time. I did the group class and it was totally worth it. I had an amazing time. Although I was in a group with 5 other people the girls gave me a lot of 1 on 1 time. They also have a girl who takes professional pictures for you. So you can buy the picture package if you want. I did and got about 25-30 pictures for $45. Totally worth it

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review! Yes! The photographers capture some great memories! Hope to see you all back on Maui soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2018

My 10-year-old daughter and I had a lesson with instructor Kiki, a very cool surfer girl (woman) who radiated competence. I had been a bit nervous about how I would fare in the ocean, but during the lesson I was so assured by Kiki's calm demeanor and impressive level of experience that my nerves disappeared. Two hours sounds like it would go by quickly, but when your arms get tired from paddling the minutes seem much longer! Both my daughter and rode the waves with Kiki's help. It was a wonderful experience, and I would love to go again next time I visit Maui.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Yes! Kiki is definitely a calming presence in the ocean! We hope to see you all back on Maui soon!