15 people are viewing this hotel
US$419
Free cancellation until 02/06/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
PricelineUS$419
TraveluroUS$413
eDreamsUS$419
1,552 results
All reviews castaway cafe banyan building coconut building full kitchen garden view whalers village black rock free trolley smaller pool beach walk great beach main building on site restaurant beach towels general store main pool low key
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2020

My wife and I stayed at the Maui Kaanapali Villas in January 2020. We stayed in Room 623 for just over a week. This room is in the main high rise building.

The location of MKV is excellent. It is right on the beach and an easy walk to other hotels. It is only a short drive to Lahaina and all of its shops and restaurants as well as the activities. The grounds are very well kept and certainly give you a feeling of being in a tropical paradise.

The pool is well maintained and just off of the beach. There is a secondary pool although I never used that. The Fitness Center is very well put together and was never too busy. There also is a laundry area near the Fitness Center. There is a sundries shop near the lobby although I never used it.

One of the two elevators is currently under repair which slows things down some. There also is a very clean and well stocked BBQ area. I met a few guests around the BBQ and it was a great alternative to restaurants every night.

Our room was very clean and quite spacious. It had a full kitchen, a nice eating area, a roomy living room, a large bathroom, and a very large bedroom with two beds. It isn’t overly fancy but it is fit for purpose and was a great alternative to the Kaanapali hotels.

Date of stay: January 2020
3  Thank Jerry K
Reviewed 7 February 2020

Resort was clean but the room was disappointing. It needs some updates...mattress was poor, ceiling fan rumbled and the overall musty smell was lass than desirable. Parking was very frustrating as well. Overall I expected more for the price.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank Bsshantz
Reviewed 24 January 2020

It was a very nice experience in Maui. The weather was very unpredictable. Most of the time we were there it just suddenly rain. The condotel we stayed was okay. A little bit dated and definitely needed some upgrades especially the bathroom. We booked for a garden view but there was no view of a garden. It was more of a street view. Overall, I would say Maui is a very place to visit. It's so easy to drive around, there's not much traffic. There were a lot of activities to choose from and the shops were just as interesting. We did not swim near our hotel because the water was so deep. We had to drive about 2 miles away to find a nice public beach.

Room tip: When you book make sure that you would get what you want. Example, if you want ocean view, make sure that you get it.
Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank hnurocb
Reviewed 5 January 2020

Based on the reviews I was expecting a bit more. We had a 2 bedroom suite over Christmas. Each bedrooms had 1 queen bed. When I booked I was assured we would have 2 twins in one room which works for my 2 adult children who cannot share a bed. The sofa bed in the living room was inadequate so we had to rent a cot for an additional $30/night for my daughter to sleep in the kitchen. We had a "garden view" which wasn't much - do not expect any glimpse of ocean from the room. The laundry facilities were nice and gas grills were available. The kitchen in the suite was more than adequate for the bit of cooking we did. It was about a 2 minute walk to the beach from our unit and the hotel is convenient to stores and town and the hotel is on the beach walk. The beach is typical for west Maui and provided good swimming - not on a reef so not the best for snorkeling. All chairs etc... are an additional rental fee. It was less than I expected based on the website and other reviews, and therefore a little disappointing but was definitely adequate for our stay.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 30 December 2019

I have to be honest, I was apprehensive about staying at the MKV. First time staying at a VRBO Condo. But I would recommend the MKV anytime. It was wonderful. It's not the Westin or the Grand Hyatt, but we were not looking for that. It's a little dated..but that's charm!. The staff are wonderful, the place is kept clear, Casteway Cafe was wonderful. The pools were right next to Kaanapali Beach. Stay here and enjoy yourself!

Date of stay: December 2019